Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

/// BACKLASH /// Andy Weatherall, **** Robot & Juan Maclean!

Options
  • 07-11-2006 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Weatherall_web_ad.jpg

Probably the best club line of the year this Thursday...

Andrew Weatherall (2 Lone Swordsman/Sabres of Parardise/Rotters Golf Club)

Headlining the night is Andrew Weatherall who has has maintained his uncompromising and
    maverick attitude even up to today and remains one of the most innovative producers and DJs
    there is.
    Starting off with his work alongside DJ Paul Oakenfold on the Hallelujah remix for the Happy
    Mondays, Weatherall entered the fray of the indie-rock and acid-house stylings of Madchester.
    Other pivotal remixes followed, including World In Motion by New Order and Loaded, a hit remix
    of Primal Scream's earlier track I'm Losing More Than I'll Ever Have.

He joined fellow scenesters Terry Farley and Pete Heller to form the Boy's Own DJ-collective.
    Along with engineer Hugo Nicholson and singer Anna Haigh, they released two singles as Bocca
    Juniors on Boys Own Records:Raise (53 Steps to Heaven) and the lesser known Substance. His
    much sought after remix treatments graced the likes of Bananarama, Saint Etienne, James and My
    Bloody Valentine, and he followed this up with his Svengali-esque work with One Dove.

He was part of the seminal Sabres of Paradise, and has produced artists like Beth Orton, Primal
    Scream (acknowledged for his pivotal role on Screamadelica) and One Dove. He has done remixing
    work for Björk, The Orb, New Order, My Bloody Valentine and many others. In early 1996, Weatherall
    formed his current project Two Lone Swordsmen with studio engineer Keith Tenniswood who's sound
    has been uncompromisingly single minded and innovative since day one.

He's amazingly just released his first solo work on his Rotter's Golf Club imprint.

FIB05AndrewWeatheralLibertoPeiroweb.jpg

stripes.gif

**** Robot (DFA)

Not only have we got Andy Weatherall playing, we also have **** Robot (currently residing in
    Stuttgart) who has been pricking up ears with his releases on James Murphy's DFA label, Wrong
    Galaxy, Triumph and of course one of the best remixes of the year in his take on Dondolo's '**** Dragon'.
    making this our most anticipated show this year.

101.jpg

stripes.gif

The Juan Maclean (DFA)

We're not even done yet, we've also got The Juan Maclean who's track ‘Give Me Every
    Little Thing’ on DFA was a Backlash staple all of last year, along with ' Tito's Way' so we're delighted to add him to the bill.

pic48-lg.jpg

stripes.gif

Rogue, 64 Dame Street (Near The Olympia) Adm 5/8eu, no guestlist!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

Doors 10pm Tonight, Juan Maclean will take to the decks at 11pm

Advertisement