Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping people without explanation because of insecurities

Options
  • 06-11-2006 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've started going out with a great guy. I really don't want to mess things up this time. I tend to do that alot... if I start going out with someone and think I like them too much, or if they're way too good looking or something stupid like that.. I'll dump them.

For no better reason than my own insecurities...
    Then, if I let the guy know how insecure I actually am... then that messes things up, as it's not an attractive quality...

I'm trying to find out how much he like me... to reassure myself that it's all good... without actually saying 'how much do you like me?'... which would scare any guy away

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Q1: "Why are you with this guy?"
    A1: "Because I like him, tbh, you silly sausage."

Q1: "So, why is he with you?"
    A1: "Because maybe he feels sorry for me or maybe he's trying to trick me or"
    STOP! See the answer to Q1.

It really is as simple as that. You insecurities are totally unknown to this guy, so stop wondering if it'll **** up the relationship. At this point, he is with you for the same reasons as you are with him. Please please please keep that in mind and try to relax - just see how it goes. You are not married to this guy, it may work or it may not. You may be the one who decides to end it, or he may be. I'm sure it's nothing personal on either side.

you are right, you need to address the reasons why you are so insecure, but don't forget, a lot of times, confidence is just a front. We've all stuff we would hate anyone to find out about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

tbh wrote:
    Q1: "Why are you with this guy?"
    A1: "Because I like him, tbh, you silly sausage."

Q1: "So, why is he with you?"
    A1: "Because maybe he feels sorry for me or maybe he's trying to trick me or"
    STOP! See the answer to Q1.

It really is as simple as that. You insecurities are totally unknown to this guy, so stop wondering if it'll **** up the relationship. At this point, he is with you for the same reasons as you are with him. Please please please keep that in mind and try to relax - just see how it goes. You are not married to this guy, it may work or it may not. You may be the one who decides to end it, or he may be. I'm sure it's nothing personal on either side.

you are right, you need to address the reasons why you are so insecure, but don't forget, a lot of times, confidence is just a front. We've all stuff we would hate anyone to find out about.

^ This

Very well said.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Chill out, relax, enjoy, and go with the flow. Don't take yourself so seriously, or him for that matter. If there's a future, it will occur over time, not by answering a question, "Do you like me?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

hey op know how you feel, i have the exact same insecurities, but i have had to learn to stop, cuz it did get to the point where i know i was gonna fcuk things up in my relationship. you just have to relax and accept that maybe just maybe this guy actually likes you the way you are and for who you are. Learn to be more confident in yourself. Enjoy your relationship for what it is and dont look too far into the future!

Advertisement