Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genealogy / Family Trees

Options
  • 06-11-2006 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any commercial bodies offering services in this area?

I'd like to be able to find someone who I could give what little information I have and would go through the records and draw up a nice detailed family tree for me.

There was also a 2 or 3 volume book released a few years ago on Irish Genealogies, I think it costs somewhere in the region of €300-€500 though, so its not within my budget. Anyone familiar with this book and its scope?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The National Archives, on Bishop Street, employ a professional genealogist who provides a free service to the public. Not sure how you go about contacting him, but I'd say just give the archives a call and they'll tell ya about it

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

This link might be of some use but I have no idea how much they charge.

http://www.apgi.ie/members.html

Also it depends where your ancestors are from, there are genealogy projects covering a lot of Ireland. If it's for a county which has a project then you may not need to employ a researcher as it would be easy enough for you to do it yourself.

Advertisement