Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear fog light for the NCT?

Options
  • 06-11-2006 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Do you need to have a rear fog in order to pass the NCT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

http://www.ncts.ie/inspection_list.html##4

Site doesn't mention fog lights. But i presume if they are on the car they need to be in working order.
    If the car doesn't come with rear fog lights as standard then I guess it can't be tested on it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Rabies wrote:
    If the car doesn't come with rear fog lights as standard then I guess it can't be tested on it :confused:

Thats what I was hoping anyway, I'll find out next week I guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The rear fog lights aren't tested. I got a car through last July where it wasn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

not tested, good news for drivers of jap imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah, do they not have rear fogs? Was looking at cars passing by this morning - the amount of people actually using their fogs was abysmal as per usual (and the amount using parking lights or nothing was even more disturbing) - but the imports I saw (two Toyota Vistas) seemed to only have front fog lights.

How long have they been mandatory in Europe? The oldest cars I noticed this morning were Carina IIs and a Peugeot 405, and they had rear fog lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,884 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

My car has passed all it's NCT's with no fog lights, it's a Jap Import. They aren't compulsary, but if any lights are fitted they have to work.

Advertisement