Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Micra wing mirror and door panel

Options
  • 05-11-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Some bugger kicked the passenger-side wing mirror off my '02 Micra last night. It looks like the sort of thing that should be easy to replace myself if I get the part (from what I've found it's only attached with philips screws and the power cable clips on), but I'm not sure about how to remove the inside door panel cleanly (without risk of breaking anything) to get at it. Has anyone here done the same with a Micra, or know if it's covered in the Haynes manual if I get one?

Thanks!

Andrew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's covered in the Haynes manual, but it's all common sense stuff. Chances are your car hasn't got electric mirrors, so it's a case of clipping off the triangular black plastic trim piece from the inside of the door, and revealing the screws that hold the mirror on. As far as I remember you don't have to remove the door's inner trim at all and it's a nice easy job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Yeah its a doddle and I think you can get the mirrors spurious too, a lot cheaper than the main dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

colm_mcm wrote:
    It's covered in the Haynes manual, but it's all common sense stuff. Chances are your car hasn't got electric mirrors, so it's a case of clipping off the triangular black plastic trim piece from the inside of the door, and revealing the screws that hold the mirror on. As far as I remember you don't have to remove the door's inner trim at all and it's a nice easy job!

Thanks for that - unfortunately(!) it is an electric one, and the bottom cm of the triangular trim is caught behind the top of the door panel. I think. I've just taken the attached photo of what I'm looking at. I can pop out the top of the black triangle, but not the bottom.

Hope I'm not being overly cautious - just don't want to break anything! I'll probably get the Haynes manual anyway - the wing mirror's not likely to be the last thing that'll ever need replacing.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

pull off the surround for the electric window switch, and look for bolts holding the inner trim in place, also unscrew the door latch, and a number of screws around the edge of the door. I think there is also a bolt under the grab handle on the door. The electric mirror just needs to be unplugged to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

Grand so - I'll give that a shot once I get the part.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement