Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They dont understand

Options
  • 05-11-2006 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK this might be long...

My mother died when i was a baby-Yestersay was her birthday so my family went out for a few drinks(Also it was my sisters bday too) Anyway during the course of the evening we all went our seperate ways and i ended up in a pub with 3 of my sisters and my sis in law!

About 11ish one of my sisters got upset over it being our mothers annivsery and started crying-that set off my other 2 sisters- and i was sitting there trying to comfort the 3 of them!About an half an hour later they were still crying and started saying to me"Oh mammy loved you- you were her baby" etc

Now i have no memories of my mother-none at all-And i was pissed off cos they were looking at me as if to say "why arent u upset" and they kept ON AND ON to me about how great she was etc-At this stage i began to get upset (few drinks in me and all)cos i never met my mother and they did-They have their memories and i have nothing!Now i dont like crying in public so i got ready to go and they started giving out saying "oh stay mammy would have wanted you to stay" and at this stage i burst into tears and left the pub and went home!!

My sisters have been calling me ALL DAY saying"You ruined our night last night" and im furious.

THEY were the ones who wouldnt SHUT UP about mam and kept on and on and on about her~They have no idea how i feel-I never met my mother and they did-They had years with her and I have nothing!And now they are all pissed off with me and wont talk to me! I didnt wanna sit in the pub and bawl my eyes out and make a show of myself and they seem pissed off because i didnt!

I dont know what Im supposed to do here!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'You should explain to them that you got upset due to you never knowing your mother, sit down with your sisters and talk with them, they will understand. it is not your fault that you have no memories of your mother.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

!

Ok, write your sisters a letter, if calling and trying to explain to them doesnt work. Explain your feels in the letter, have a cup of tea beforehand and calm the nerves. Explain your situation and how you feel, your sisters have to be reasonable people, unless theres a history of mental illness in the family. I do feel that what happened here, in my opinion, was that emotion gave way and by leaving the pub they had someone to blame for the way they were feeling. If you had stayed then something else would have come up and either you would have left or they would, either way blame would have been placed far away and like children there would have been no reasoning or anything. Wait until tomorrow, write them an email or letter, and then wait until they get it and see what happens. Good luck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Well, we're in the same boat. I didn't know my mam either. But I did not have any siblings to remind me of her. It's my grandparents who bring her up (her da and mam) all the time, on her birthday and passing. I've gotten so I don't want to be around them on those days, cause it's always a bummer, so I find excuses to be away. So, my suggestion to you is to send you sisters a note about how you feel, then avoid the pub scene on those mam days.

Advertisement