Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in Ladbrokes this afternoon?

Options
  • 05-11-2006 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just in from my local Ladbrokes. I was over and they had betting in play on Dundee Utd v Rangers. At 1-1 Utd were 8/1 to win. The score at the top of the screen then changed to 2-1 and it still said 8/1. The chap over the intercom mentioned it and said if he could get a bet on he would (a suprise considering he's working for them). I stuck 20 quid on a bit nervous that the girl behind the desk would say something but I guess once the price is on the screen she has to take it. As soon as I put the bet on it said "betting suspended" so I just had to hope they'd hold on for the win which they did. :)

Absolutely delighted! :D Surely someone else caught this? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

did they pay out? Their was a posth here before about the same thing during a world cup match in spain, they had the odds up but when he went to collect they told him the odds where wrong, and gave him **** odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yeah, they paid out without any problems. I collected as soon as I posted this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

They don't have to pay out if they don't want - i got a similar one a couple of yrs ago, Glentoran were playing in Sweden/Finland in UEFA first round, they were 2-0 up with a few mins left (i think), but Boylesports were giving the kickoff as later that evening. Off I rushed down and placed €25 at 9/1 (you don't want to be too stupid), luckily they held on for the win, I was pretty surprised when they paid out no hassles too. I reckon they just felt sorry for me and wanted to try and give a little back;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Glenbhoy wrote:
    They don't have to pay out if they don't want
    Yeah but there's no reason why they wouldn't. To the girl behind the counter it was just an average in play bet. Maybe someone with an interest in football would have copped it and made enquiries but most of them in Ladbrokes are clueless. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

Fair play though..

T.Sc.

on the contrary in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

I had a massive touch two weeks ago on snooker prices with stan james, they had the odds reversed by mistake so i duly lumped on my entire balance **** €25 them opportunities come around once in a lifetime.

Betting duly suspended before they could take my maximum deposit to the account, silly boys...

Advertisement