Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about this girl.

Options
  • 05-11-2006 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey, thanks for reading and hopfully you can help.

i have had feelings for this girl for around 6 months now, but she has a long term realtionship with a guy. around a month ago i told her i liked her, with her replying that she likes me to, however she wont break up with her boyfriend, but she still kinda plays with me, flirts and rise me up just for me to fall down, last week i got annoyed and i faced her and just told her how i felt.

We were talking for ages and she says that she does really like me, but she can not cheat on her boyfriend. She also says she still has feelings for him, because they went through so much. But she kept telling me, that the two of us will go out soon. I talked to her friend about this, and her friend told me that they were talking, and She does really like me, she even told me that she said that she can imagaine us getting married.

Thats ok, but i am scared for her that she wont, not because i want to go out with her, but her boyfriend literly is a prick towards her. he has his good sides but he does stuff to her that no one should. I know this, because she told me everything bad he has done. and im worried that she hasnt told me everything.

Now the whole waiting is ok for me, me and her still get on great together, but then today i rang her up to talk, and she seemed very annoyed with me. didnt want to talk or anything. I rang her friend woundering if she was ok, and i found out that last night, i sent her a text message(her friend dosnt know what i said in the text message) and i cant remember sending her one, i checked my phone and there was none there. Now i cant remember what i said to her or anything, and i was very drunk, for some strange reason(i never go over bored on drink, i dont see the point in getting to drunk and wasting a good night) so i dont know what happened last night what i sent her or what i told her. But it couldnt be anything bad. maybe a text telling her that i like her or something. but im not sure

Im really scared that she will stay mad with me for a long time, and stop likeing me, her friedn said she will calm down adn we can work it out, but i dont know. i really want something between us to happen. Am i being a fool for beliving that she will go out with me and keep taking her word, and what can i do to make her talk to me again.

The two of us are very close friends(around 9 years) and im worried that if noting happens between us, can our friendship still be repaired from that text message i sent.

Thanks for reading, and also thanks for any comments of wisdom you may supply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

What did you say to her in the text? Do you even know? Because if you don't, then I think you should find out. It'd be easier to know where to go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'no idea what i said in the text, i rang her again today, and she said that she was annoyed at me because of me saying stuff to her about her boyfriend.. which is fair enough, they still are going out with, i know i shouldnt of said anything. she does still have feelings for him'

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Annie Bananie

She needs to decide who she wants to be with, can't have you both hanging.
    Give her a time limit to decide, then move on if she chooses the other guy or if she make up her mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shes in a relationship, I would have left it at that and moved on. You don't have any right to interfere. If she is unhappy with her partner then she could get out it I'm sure, it is up to them to sort it out. Anyway, give her some space if you want to go ahead with this and see a future with her.

'Have to agree with Ruu. I\'m in the same position, but at least she\'s been civil and is still speaking with you. I made the mistake of chickening out of speaking with my text-ee. It has turned very ugly, and I\'ve lost a freind.'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

i have had feelings for this girl for around 6 months now, but she has a long term realtionship with a guy. around a month ago i told her i liked her, with her replying that she likes me to, however she wont break up with her boyfriend,
    You want us to help you break up a long term relationship? *Blue bites lip and tries not to say what she feels about such a request*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

you are being so selfish, she's obviously happily in a relationship already, and you want her to end this, for you? act your age and move on, more fish in the sea and so on

'I can see she may be scared of her boyfriend and what he may do to her if she breaks off now, give her time to break the ties with him. As on the text side do you not think maybe she was with him when you sent it and he is starting to guess something is going on. just be carefull and patient'

Advertisement