Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song about the Croke Park massacre

Options
  • 04-11-2006 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

HI ,

I'm looking for the words to a song about the croke park massacre , When in 1920 the Black and tans opened fire on the crowd .

My grandmother sung this song , and myself and my uncle always meant to write the words down , as we never heard it anywere else , only when she sang it .
    But sadly she passed away in January of the year :( .
    So i'd like to get hold of a lyrics .

I'v tried the searching the net , but to no luck.

I also thought a letter to Ireland's Own might turn up the lyrics , as there seems to be reqeusts for song lyrics there .

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I just keep coming up with Sunday Bloody Sunday results from U2... sorry I cant be of more help. Maybe someone else will know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Try www.theballadeers.com or www.mysongbook.de

They have a huge list of songs - if you saw the name it might ring a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭squelly

Sorry,
    I thought you meant the one on Sunday just gone, and there aren`t any as of yet. Maybe that one is best forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

It's Probably not but I was thinking: 'HENRY JOY' (Air: The same as "The Singing Bird" and is often played in Croke Park by the Artane Boys?)
    Or 'THE BATTLE OF GRANARD' (Air: "The Rising of the Moon") My Granny still sings them ones. ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Timothy ODwyer

Hi, The song you're looking for could be The Ballad of Micheal Hogan.Its on Derek Warfields CD A Nation once again.Rgds Tim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

hi Tim,

Thanks- It might be , i'll ask my uncle.
    Anyone know where i would get the lyrics ?

Thanks,
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Hi, The song you're looking for could be The Ballad of Micheal Hogan.Its on Derek Warfields CD A Nation once again.Rgds Tim

Yeah that's the one id say your looking for.
    hi Tim,

Thanks- It might be , i'll ask my uncle.
    Anyone know where i would get the lyrics ?

Thanks,
    John

Might get it here or a link to the song

http://www.talfanzine.com/musicreviews.htm

Advertisement