Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading my guitar

Options
  • 03-11-2006 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

I've been thinking, in these barren days of Gretschlessness, I've been thinking about what to do with my guitars when it does finally come..

I figure I'll probably sell my SE, but I think I'll upgrade my Sheraton.
    I was thinking maybe a set of these to replace the old stock humbuckers. I know I want to get a knew bridge too, as the current stock one is quite old and worn down, strings tend to break very easily on it.
    Don't know much in terms of bridge upgrades though..

And just to suit all my old school requirements I was thinking maybe one of these babies might be in order. Though I know that would probably change the kind of bridge I can use and all that jazz.

Whaddayiz think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Put a bigsby and roller bridge on it then you'll probably never break a string

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Oh yeah? I think I'll decide on a Bigsby for sure when my orange monster comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Yeah a bigsby and standard tune o matic is a recipe for disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Would a roller fit on a Sherry though?

If I don't go for a bigsby I reckon I'll just get some graph tech saddles. But they'd look kinda out of place with the rest of the gold (well very faded/completely faded gold).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Bwong de dong bwooong dong de dong bweeeooong. Bad ass.
    TK

• Advertisement
Advertisement