Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep Talking causing problems

Options
  • 03-11-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I talk in my sleep, sometimes I answer questions and can have a conversation in my sleep (lol) . My girlfriend asked me when I was asleep what I was doing next week and I said ' breaking up with you ' (lol)

she is really annoyed

but it wasn't even a joke i woz alseep.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

That is REALLY weird.

ARE you thinking of breaking up with her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Maybe you meant to say you were breaking up with...

YORE MA!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You might think about asking about this in the Sleeping/Dreaming forum OP. You will have to register first though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Pansy Potter, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'I was not thinking of breaking up with her: I love her.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Years ago one of my Xs use to talk in her sleep so.. I started to ask some questions ;) which worked out quite funny at first.. but then very badly when I got paranoid. She could say one thing one night and then contradict it the next all while fast asleep!! Its quite funny when I think back on it :D

Anyway after a massive fight inwhich I accused her of cheating with everyone I knew practically, I just gave up asking her anything when she was asleep :) too much hassle, still can be very funny though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Yup .. i do that sleep talking thing too .. have had entire conversations while asleep. Then got a bit freaked out when i found out about it.

Just learn to accept it.. theres nothing you can do about it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I talk in my sleep from time to time....or so my girlfriend says :)
    Hasn't got me into any trouble yet, she just finds it funny as hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I not only talk in my sleep but on occasion have been known to walk while asleep too. The walking usually only happens when I'm stressed about something or there is something on my mind but I've done some odd stuff. The latest one was when I got out of bed, walked around to the side my boyfriend sleeps on and started looking for something under there. I couldn't find what I was looking for so I woke him up demanding to know what he had done with my make up bag and that I was fed up with him taking it and hiding it on me. Poor bloke has never touched it. :o It used to freak him out when we first started going out,especially as when I walk in my sleep my eyes are wide open so at first he wasn't sure what was going on but now he's used to it.
    Re: your problem, you were asleep and could have been thinking about anything and given some of the mad and mental stuff I've talked about while asleep there is no way it should be held against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I talk in my sleep, sometimes I answer questions and can have a conversation in my sleep (lol) . My girlfriend asked me when I was asleep what I was doing next week and I said ' breaking up with you ' (lol)

she is really annoyed

but it wasn't even a joke i woz alseep.
    1. I don't see the personal issue here. Are you breaking up or was this a anecdote?
    2. As Ruu said, you should bring it to the Sleep forum.
    3. Tags are "sleep talk sex". Sounds trollish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If this is a troll, its the worst troll ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Compare it with other instances where you have talked about things in your sleep.

For instance, if my girlfriend was upset because I'd told her I was breaking up with her while I was asleep I'd refer her to the time I was adamantly insisting "you can't put God in the water tank, that's not going to work at all" and not understanding why she (though of course it wasn't even her I was talking to from my perspective) wasn't getting this concept.

In that context "I'm breaking up with you" would become just another piece of gibberish, and hence nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'What a dull trolling this would be!\r\nWhat I want is a website that says \'Ignore Sleep Talk it is not connected to the truth.\'\r\n\r\nI regard it as a personal issue.\r\n\r\nTalliesin v amusing I might get her to ask me nonsense questions when I am asleep.'

Advertisement