Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premiership betting 4th/5th nov

Options
  • 03-11-2006 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭

ok,no mad acc`s for me this weekend just a treble

Aston Villa v Blackburn DRAW/11-5
    Charlton v Man City DRAW/11-5
    Fulham v Everton DRAW/11-5

32.77 return for one placed

good luck

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭20LEgend

For me this weekend:

Dundalk (8/15)
    United -1 (5/6)
    Arsenal (8/13)
    Liverpool (1/3)
    Chelsea (4/6)
    Preston (8/13)

15.3/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

tonight Eircom league.

Derry City vs Bray Wanderers

Derry City are currently 3 points behind Shels with a game in hand(who knows what the situation will be after the shel - bohs is all sorted). With the league this tight and looks certain to go to the wire goal difference could well come into it.

Derry are currently 6 behind Shelbourne. So they will want to get some goals. After banging 5 past Sligo Rovers during the week in the FAI cup semi fnal replay they seem to be in the mood. fortunatly for Derry Bray are in the mood for conceding goals, and have been all season. Currently second from botton and with a whopping 62 goals in their against column. In Brays last match against St. Pats they lost 5-1.

This should be a stroll in the park for Derry. And with alot at stake i can see goals, and all of them for Derry. Derry are back to full strength with defender Darren Kelly and winger Killan Brennan. Bray will have captian Colm Tresson back from suspension and defender Chris deans will be available.

Derry -1.5 & -2 @ 1.75

If Derry win by 2, you get odds of about 1.38. Just in case. I'll have tomorrows picks up soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭The Cowboy

Hopefully going to put an end to my losing streak tonight.
    Fancy the following...

50pts: The Lilywhites, Derry, Cork @ 2.07

20pts: The Lilywhites, Rovers, Derry(-2) @ 4.89

Team news etc here...
    http://www.thedailypunt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15128

Hope its a good start to the weekend tonight.
    Good luck all.

haha, derry drew 0-0 with Bray, ugh.

Atleast i dont have to wait to long to try and make amends.

Preston North End vs Luton town

Preston had an impressive 4-0 win over Leeds on tuesday. They currenlty lie second in the Championship. 4 points behind Cardiff. Luton are in 9th poistion but are on a poor run. They lost mid week to Burnley 2-0 and previously suffered a 5-0 defeat to Ipswich. Sol Davis stroke seems to of hit Luton badly. And the last place a team low on confidence wants to go is Deepdale.

The last time Preston dropped points at home was on the 19 of August when they drew 1-1 with QPR, before was a draw against Sheffield Wednesday on the opening day of the season. Since then, they have won 6 straight home games in a row.

Lutons away record is pld -7, w-2, d-1, l-4. They are a good side, but recent events has made it tough for them. I cant see them getting anything out of this game.

Unfortunatly Preston will be missing in-form striker Danny dichio. But with David Nugent updront they should be capable of scoring. also, they will hopefully have other striker Patrick Agyemang will be back from injury.

Luton will have late fitness tests for Lewis Emanuel, Chris Coyne and Sam Parkin

Preston @ 1.66

I got a bit of info from another website about a mini injury crisis at Boston United. Did a more research the match.

Boston United vs Noots County

United will be without the services of suspended trio Drewe Broughton(striker), Mark Greaves(Defender) and Mark Albrighton(Defender), who all serve one-match bans, while Lee Canoville (Defender), Simon Rusk (Midfielder) and Stewart Talbot (Midfielder) are ruled out through injury.

Going by boston united squad info on their website, this leaves them with only 2 fit defenders.

Heres the team that started last week's match:
    Marriott; Rusk* (R Ryan 58), Albrighton*, Ellender, T Ryan; Green (Cotton 42, Maylett 72), Greaves*, Galbraith, Farrell; Broughton*, N’Guessan.

*Unavailable this week.

They have managed to sign 2 midfielder players on laon today. A boro and Ipswich player who will both probaly make their debuts.

Boston are second bottom in league 2 and havent won in the last 5 games. They have won 3 home matches, drawn 1 and lost 4. Boston have also managed to concede more goals at home then score.

Notts County on the other hand are in 4th place. They lost last week to bury at home. They have an impressive away record though. Only lost won match so far. Won 4, Drawn 3 and Lost 1. They have cored 12 goals away from home, 4 more then Notss have managed to score at home.

Notts are currently available at 2.44 for the win. I'll take draw no bet is 1.8

I'll throw Liverpool into a double with Preston, and a small stake on the 3.

Steven Gerrard is a tempting bet to score anytime afte finding the net against Bordaux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

heres my few bets for the weekend footy,sorry i don,t have a bit of write up on my choices.

acc
    wrexham 8/13
    arsenal 8/13
    liverpool 1/3
    chelsea 4/6
    preston 8/13
    this acc works out around 8/1.

acc
    southampton 4/7
    wolves 8/13
    bradford 11/10
    wrexham 8/13
    motherwell evens
    this acc works out at well over 14/1.

acc
    bolton 5/6
    middlesbrough 17/10
    newcastle 7/10
    chelsea 4/6
    and this acc works out around 13/1.

hope sum of them comes up,could do with a win.best of luck to yous all with your bets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭The Cowboy

The Cowboy wrote:
    Hopefully going to put an end to my losing streak tonight.
    Fancy the following...

50pts: The Lilywhites, Derry, Cork @ 2.07 :mad: :mad: :)

20pts: The Lilywhites, Rovers, Derry(-2) @ 4.89 :mad: :) :mad:

Team news etc here...
    http://www.thedailypunt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15128

Hope its a good start to the weekend tonight.
    Good luck all.

Derry and the Lilywhites made the baby jesus cry tonight. And me too. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Aachen V Stuttgart @7/5: Pigheads BET OF THE DAY! Stuttgart are a cracking price here to continue their recent good form. Poor Aachens dream start to the season has turned somewhat sour recently and they haven't won in 5 games. Last week they were humiliated 5-1 by Armenia Bilfield (Who Stuttgart beat 3-2 earlier on in the season). Stuttgart are unbeaten in 8 games and they beat the excellent Bremen 3-2 away last month.They beat Schalke 3-0 last week and this should be an away win at a decent price.

Walsall V Torquay @1-2: Walsall let Pighead down big time last week when they could only manage a 0-0 draw with MK Dons, however I'm a big enough man not to hold a grudge and i've evry confidence that the lads will bust a gut today to repay my faith in them. It also helps that Torquay are pants. They haven't won in 9 games, drawing 2 and losing 7. Apart from last weeks scoreless blip Walsall have been rock solid all season and are joint leaders of the division. The boys will repay Pighead today. There i've said it.

Barnsley V Leeds @10/11 (Draw NO Bet): This is just the sort of game Leeds need, playing a side thats in even worse form than they are.Barnsley are 2nd bottom of the division and have got progressively worse as the season has gone on. They haven't won a match since Sep 16th, and since then they've recorded 7 losses and a draw! Shocking stuff. Leeds admittedly are in a bad state themselves but there should be a bit more confidence about the place with Wise in charge now and they can get at least a draw in this derby game.

Man Utd V Portsmouth @ 4/5 HT-FT: Portsmouth have injury worries ahead of this game with in form Utd. Primus and Glen Johnson are both out and Andy O Brien has to come in to shore up the defence. O brien has had 1 game all season and we all know what happened that night. Also further up the pitch, O'Neill and Benjani are major doubts. United welcome back Saha Neville and most importantly Giggs after their shocker in Copenhagen. With Portsmouths defensive worries I'm gonna risk the HT-FT. Also Portsmouth have lost their previous 3 away games.

Pigheads Saturday Accumulator:
    30 Points: Stuttgart, Walsall, Leeds(DNB), Man Utd(HT-FT)@11.37/1

20 Points: Celtic@4/9, Walsall HT-FT@13/10, Man Utd@2/7, Bernardini to win Breeders Cup Classic Tonight 10.20(Sorry George!) @11/8= 9.17/1

Good Luck to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Good selections there Pighead

Im gonna Try these:

Bolton v Wigan I think this will be a draw because I feel Wigan have picked up and have now integrated their new players into the team. They are big and strong - and that will be the key at Bolton.

Manchester United took Bolton apart last week - the first half an hour was an education for them - and I feel they might be a little nervous as a result of that. Draw

Charlton V Man City Charlton have made a small improvement and I cannot tip City on the road as I just don't see where the goals would come from.

Added to that, City have been poor defensively so I think this game is definitely one Charlton can win. Home win

Watford V Middlesbrough I fancy Watford to get their first home win of the season against a Boro side who don't seem to travel well.

Watford have been making chances but have been unable to put them away. This is a chance for them to kick-start their season.

Home win

17.69/1

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

everton could`nt get a draw so to my next acc

man utd/1-4
    liverpool/1-3
    bolton/5-6
    man city/11-5(draw)

9.78 return for one placed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭metafora

Used some of your predictions Pighead and it came in .. only just Celtic came back at the death to snatch a win.

Thanks and keep up the good work:D

Selection Selection Details Result
    1 Football Matches W
    Premiership Matches
    Liverpool v Reading
    4th of November 2006 3:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Liverpool @ 1 - 3

2 Football Matches W
    Premiership Matches
    Man Utd v Portsmouth
    Win-Draw-Win
    Man Utd @ 2 - 7

3 Football Matches W
    Scottish Premiership
    Celtic v Hearts
    Win-Draw-Win
    Celtic @ 4 - 9

4 Football Matches W
    German Bundesliga Matches
    Aachen v Stuttgart
    4th of November 2006 2:30pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Stuttgart @ 13 - 10

5 Football Matches W
    Coca Cola League 2 Matches
    Walsall v Torquay
    Win-Draw-Win
    Walsall @ 1 - 2

Stake and Return Details

Bet placed at 4th of November 2006 1:08pm Total Stake €8.00

Bet Type Accumulator (5) (To Win) Tax@Tax Free 0

Number of Lines 1 Total Stake Due €8.00

Stake per Line €8.00 Freebets Redeemed €0.00

Channel Internet Total Amount Paid €8.00

Number of win lines 1

Number of Void Lines 0 RETURNS €68.34

• Advertisement

well pissed off with my bets today,better luck tomorrow i hope

Liverpool and Preston both won. Notts county threw away a 3-1 lead to draw 3-3. Draw no bet was a good choice, but after being 3-1 up its still a bit annoying.

won a couple of a quid back today backing west ham and spurs,didnt post it as i was in the pub while placing the bets

Pighead wrote:
    Pigheads Saturday Accumulator:
    30 Points: Stuttgart:) , Walsall:) , Leeds(DNB):( , Man Utd(HT-FT):) @11.37/1

20 Points: Celtic@4/9:) , Walsall HT-FT@13/10:( , Man Utd@2/7:) , Bernardini to win Breeders Cup Classic Tonight 10.20(Sorry George!):( @11/8= 9.17/1

Good Luck to all.

Well done metafora and Chucky, good to see somebody won this weekend. Those bloody Leeds boys will be the death of me. 2-1 up at half time, i'm thinking, worst case scenario it'll end up in a draw. What happens? They let in 2 25 yarders to lose 3-2. Leeds have officially made Pigheads blacklist!

todays good value double

coventry 12-5
    aberdeen 15-8

9.78 for one placed

Aberdeen at 11/10 draw no bet? What the fcuk. Can't believe Pighead missed this earlier. Games just started but theres in running betting and I honestly don't understand this price. Aberdeen are ahead of ICT in the league and in their previous 8 matches cally have never won!.

11/10 draw no bet is practically a free bet in my book as i can't see cally winning this. Looks like the bookies have overreacted to cally beating Rangers a couple of weeks back. Anyway, we shall see.

1-1 in the end so money back for Pighead. Only by the skin of my balls though. Aberdeen needed a last minute equalizer to save the day. Phew.

Advertisement