Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank for Short term Loan of €15000

Options
  • 03-11-2006 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what bank would offer the best rates for this type of loan over a three year period?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Your local Credit Union

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Not necessarily.

Credit unions are notoriously good at saying "yes", much like the TSB of old. What they dont tell you is the almost exorbitant interest rates that they charge on loans, in comparison to banks, who tend to be a little more careful about the whole lending criteria thing.

There are also limitations on CU loans, like for my first CU loan, I could only borrow 1.5 times the amount on my shares. For successive loans, its up to 3 times the amount, so theoretically on your first loan from the CU you would need to have shares of 10,000.

Shop around. Try permanent tsb, they look desperate to tempt customers away from the institutional banks (BoI, AIB).

If you're really desperate, I have this friend Lenny, and he has some bulldogs, and lives in Inchicaaaaaaaare with his missus and her sister...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭TestLink

Please visit Irish Financial regulatory Authority Website and read the latest survey on Personal loans

http://www.ifsra.ie/frame_main.asp?pg=/consumer/cr_costsur_recs.asp&nv=/consumer/cr_nav.asp

Advertisement