Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo ST body kit

Options
  • 02-11-2006 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone knew where ya can get a ST body kit for a mondeo. Checked google and a few bodykit sites but cant find anything.

Anyone got any suggestions

-V-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone knew where ya can get a ST body kit for a mondeo. Checked google and a few bodykit sites but cant find anything.

Anyone got any suggestions

-V-
    Your local Ford dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

rang one and the guy was a muppet, and the price would be over the top. Was wondering if there was any other companys that sold them

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they're expensive because they're plastic (not fibreglass) and will actually fit your car without having to be repeatedly trimmed and lined up to fit the bodywork.
    Try ringing another dealer, or getting a bodyshop to give you an all inclusive price, they'll most likely get the parts cheaper than you can.

colm_mcm wrote:
    they're expensive because they're plastic (not fibreglass) and will actually fit your car without having to be repeatedly trimmed and lined up to fit the bodywork.
    Try ringing another dealer, or getting a bodyshop to give you an all inclusive price, they'll most likely get the parts cheaper than you can.

Does the fact its plastic cut down on installation time. Anyone know of a bodyshop that sells the body kits. Ive rang 3 and they all said to ring ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

How much did they quote for it? I've seen the bodykit on ebay for around 600 but then getting someone to install it is the hard part.

• Advertisement

Rags wrote:
    How much did they quote for it? I've seen the bodykit on ebay for around 600 but then getting someone to install it is the hard part.

Ford Quoted €1660 for the front and rear bumper and side skirts, another 146 for the lip spolier. Thats inc the 21% VAT. and not inc fitting respray etc.

where did you see it on eBay

Ouch that was pricey with Ford. Sorry I didnt see the st bodykit for that price on ebay was just bodykit. My mistake,

http://cgi.ebay.ie/FORD-MONDEO-MK2-BODY-KIT-2x-BUMPER-SIDE-SKIRTS_W0QQitemZ320043217854QQihZ011QQcategoryZ72207QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rags wrote:
    Ouch that was pricey with Ford. Sorry I didnt see the st bodykit for that price on ebay was just bodykit. My mistake,

http://cgi.ebay.ie/FORD-MONDEO-MK2-BODY-KIT-2x-BUMPER-SIDE-SKIRTS_W0QQitemZ320043217854QQihZ011QQcategoryZ72207QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mines a MK3 mondeo. there is a few sites that sell body kits but ive my eye on the ST one.

Those bumpers are the foam-filled ones that Ford use aren't they. Price doesn't seem that outrageous to me. maybe shop around.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    Those bumpers are the foam-filled ones that Ford use aren't they. Price doesn't seem that outrageous to me. maybe shop around.

Foamed filled, is that better then the ford ones?

ford use bumpers made out of foam on the Mondeo, supposed to be for safety. bound to be a bit more expensive.

that explains that. I tried a few more body shops and its no go.

Guess ill have to hunt about for a newer mondeo with the kit on it already. thinkin 2003+ Zetec tdci.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Get a ST TDCI from the UK. They were never released in Ireland. Even with the VRT its good value.

wingnut wrote:
    Get a ST TDCI from the UK. They were never released in Ireland. Even with the VRT its good value.

Somethin like this here
    Its alot of money here so ill look in uk. My current mondeo i took in from NI.

found this

£13,950.00 = €20,600.28

Vrt is €9,988

Thats €30,588.28. Thats about a 3k savin rather than buyin it in ireland.

Im sooooooo tempted

Seen that St bodykit while browsing
    about. http://www.motor-world.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod_id=9616 Seems to be available for MK1 & 2 tho. Still trying to find a decent kit for my mondeo. What you guys think of this kit http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190057006968&rd=1&rd=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I'm looking for an ST kit for my Zetec model

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Ford Quoted €1660 for the front and rear bumper and side skirts, another 146 for the lip spolier. Thats inc the 21% VAT. and not inc fitting respray etc.
    Thats not a bad price at all for a genuine kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Something like this...
    caseysathlone1868698.jpg
    caseysathlone1868700.jpg

• Advertisement

From what i can see, thats the S kit and can only be bought from Ford. It doesnt have the spoiler and i dont like the alloys. I prefer the 16 spoke alloys on the ST.

This is what i want

ST1.jpg
    ST2.jpg
    ST3.jpg
    ST4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Hi vengeance52,

Best place to pick up a really good bodykit for your mkIII mondy would be here:

http://www.espdesign.co.uk/esp.storefront/EN/Catalog/Bod-Sty_Ford_Mon_Mk3

I have recently order the ST200 kit for my mkII V6

esp come highly recommended by a lot of members of MEG
    http://www.fordmondeo.org/

If you sign up as a gold member you qualify for a club discount.
    They quoted me about £250 for shipping the entire kit, plus some other additonal extras I requested.

The kits are the highest quality available and not the cheap fibre glass versions available from some German/italian online stores.

Alternate option is to keep checking ebay as kits often come up.

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement