Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice/suggestions?

Options
  • 02-11-2006 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just a quick post to ask if anyone has any suggestions.

After seeing a guy for a few months i was really really into and he seemed to feel the same about me,he dumped me.This was a few months back,i've since done everything i can to pick myself back up.I've made sure to hang out with friends,head out with them,not cut myself off socially if i'm feeling S***,taking time for myself etc.But its now 4 months down the line and i'm still not able to think about the whole thing without wanting to cry.I'm usually a confident outgoing person but my confidence has been knocked for six.I don't feel ready or able to entertain the thought of getting involved with anyone else as i feel i haven't healed.Any advice on how to move on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not to be nosey but what reason did he have to break up with you, or was it just sudden? Have you talked to any of your friends about it? I think you need to vent with some of your close friends about it, it doesn't look like you have done so and bottled it up instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Gonna be nosey also (sorry Ruu:) ) and ask how old you both were.

I think breaking up is particularly hard (or getting dumped) when you have no indication its coming. You thought things were going fine and he kind of pulled the rug from under you. If things are going downhill you at least have time to prepare yourself for the break up or try to fix whats gone wrong.

DId he give you an explanation? SOmetimes we need closure in order to move on. Do you see him around? Have any contact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

LundiMardi wrote:

Wow you're on the ball :)

Did you ever see/hear from him again since OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Any advice on how to move on?

Patience. Thats all and an open mind.

K-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

The Beach Boys got it right when they said 'breaking up is hard to do'....
    I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. You just have to stay strong and do what you have been doing, i.e meeting up with friends, not closing yourself off etc.
    Once you meet somebody else he'll seem like a distant bad memory. I read the other thread and he sounds like a fool. Keep your head up and have patience and faith that things will get easier. He f*cked you over big time and it'll probably take more than a few months to fully recover from that. Time heals all wounds, it really does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭flyingdagger

Yep i've spoken to my close friends about how i feel but tbh there isn't really anything they can do to stop the way i'm feeling.I'm getting on with my life but every so often i start thinking about the whole situation again and it still upsets me.I know i shouldn't be but can't really help it.Like i said it has knocked my confidence...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You need to bite the bullet, forget him, and get out more. Do you have any vacation time? Go to the Continent and play. Go to Dam or Brussels or Paris and see the sights, date strangers while there, and have fun. Make a clean break of it, and celebrate life. It's too short not to.

Advertisement