Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of Irish house prices, weather, commuting, quality of life?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aaah BA! Tango...
    I am also seriously considering http://www.geographia.com/st-martin/

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

One day, I'm going to build myself a little lab here and perform cruel experiments on fluffy animals in my old age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

That sounds so tempting!

Looks up web for "Spainish lessons".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Irish house prices, weather, commuting.

Easiest solution is to not vote Fianna Fail since none of that is on their agenda (ignoring the weather thing because Bertie will probably take that on as his next Bertie's Bowl project :P).

House prices are about to crash (anyone that thinks otherwise is naive or wishing IMO).

Commuting could be fixed in a country with < 5 million people. Government really needs to get their act together on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

Nah, I love this country. Weather (in my opinion) rocks here. Walked out at 6.30am this morning to minus four degrees. Nothing beats breathing deep in that fresh cold air. We get a nice balance of summer and winter with no extremes of either, and that suits me fine.

Commuting was bugging the hell out of me, but a lot of new roads have opened since I moved to Meath so between the M4 and the new link roads around Adamstown,Neilstown,Clondalkin, its getting better and I can now get to work in shorter time that when I actually lived in Dublin. Then again, i dont use the M50 whcih would be a decider for many.
    Quality of life is great too. While I'm far from loaded, I want for little. I'm not greedy and dont always have to have the best or biggest of whatever, but generally my quality of life and that of my family is brilliant.

So when I win the Euromillions tonight, I'm going to buy the whole of Howth head, build a castle on the top and rent the rest out to other evil overlords. Fluffy creature development labs on the east of the hill, generic palaces of doom on the west, and anyone with a penchant for world domination can be south or north. Each plot of land will come with its own huge map of the world with flashing lights on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

brim4brim wrote:
    Irish house prices, weather, commuting.

Easiest solution is to not vote Fianna Fail since none of that is on their agenda (ignoring the weather thing because Bertie will probably take that on as his next Bertie's Bowl project :P).

House prices are about to crash (anyone that thinks otherwise is naive or wishing IMO).

Commuting could be fixed in a country with < 5 million people. Government really needs to get their act together on that one.

Make this face and make a big "eeuuurrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" noice.

Then take your opinion and go to a forum more suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Archeron wrote:
    Nah, I love this country. Weather (in my opinion) rocks here. Walked out at 6.30am this morning to minus four degrees. Nothing beats breathing deep in that fresh cold air. We get a nice balance of summer and winter with no extremes of either, and that suits me fine.

Commuting was bugging the hell out of me, but a lot of new roads have opened since I moved to Meath so between the M4 and the new link roads around Adamstown,Neilstown,Clondalkin, its getting better and I can now get to work in shorter time that when I actually lived in Dublin. Then again, i dont use the M50 whcih would be a decider for many.
    Quality of life is great too. While I'm far from loaded, I want for little. I'm not greedy and dont always have to have the best or biggest of whatever, but generally my quality of life and that of my family is brilliant.

So when I win the Euromillions tonight, I'm going to buy the whole of Howth head, build a castle on the top and rent the rest out to other evil overlords. Fluffy creature development labs on the east of the hill, generic palaces of doom on the west, and anyone with a penchant for world domination can be south or north. Each plot of land will come with its own huge map of the world with flashing lights on it.

That's the attitude to have. Enjoy life, it's too short to be worrying about every little thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Great place where im considering moving to when i get a 100k lumpsum

http://nymag.com/guides/changeyourlife/16047/
    Were they not hinting that you'd need a 7-figure sum to live in BA rather than a 6-figure one?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

brim4brim wrote:

STOP IT!! I nearly chocked on my coffee from laughing so hard. Please, they've been saying this since the late 90's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

If I had to swap Ireland then Rio would be top of my list ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I've always thought that Ireland should conquer the Azores. Just some islands in the middle of the Atlantic, I'm sure no one will even notice. Stunning scenery and fabulous weather, win/win!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

brim4brim wrote:
    I think the people who say this are naive, that or they can't afford a house, therefore they feel better by predicting it will crash without them suffering.

They said the same back in 2002 just as I was about to buy my first house. If I had of listened I would now have priced myself out of a certain market, instead I have used the profit from my first home and traded up to a better home.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Why not try here instead??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

TBH OP you're just a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

There's no place like home. Global warming is going to turn this country into a tropical paradise in a few years and buenos aires will be a just barren desert. It's always a good sign that a country is on the up and up when celebrity perv's are buying up as much land as they can get their filthy hands on. This country 's great. Just ask the millions of east europeans who are eagerly awaiting entry into the EU.

Advertisement