Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edwards 7 String? Yes sir!

Options
  • 02-11-2006 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

See here

ecy100d7.jpg

A mere €534.78 aswell.

I know there's some peeps here who've had their eye on those rather nice Edwards guitars. I must say, it looks interesting, and reversed pointed headstocks are always a plus. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

That one's nice, I found the seven string selection a little lacking though.
    E-7-90HR_STR.jpg
    E-7-90JG_W.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

7 Strings are a bit of a niche market anyway, so yeah, they would be lacking compared to 6 Strings. I like that red one though, very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Wouldn't mind tracking down a second hand Ibanez K-7 Korn signature seven string. Like this one

Don1 wrote:
    Wouldn't mind tracking down a second hand Ibanez K-7 Korn signature seven string. Like this one

You know, I saw one of those going for £650 on Ebay, same colour and all. It was snapped up very quick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I really don't like Korns signature Ibanez, it's really plain looking. I'm sure it sounds great though. That Jaguar style one above looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

i hope to be gettin one of a frined of mine when i get some funds for my bday,had a loan of it before,amazing guitar

Gintonious wrote:
    i hope to be gettin one of a frined of mine when i get some funds for my bday,had a loan of it before,amazing guitar

Well good luck with it, I've heard some amazing things about K7s. Be sure to post plenty of pics when you get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Dont like those Korn guitars at all... id go for something with a nice flame top, or at the very least a more intersting colour than grey..

Also, that one Don posted a link to is counterfeit...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The blue K-7 with the white hardware is absolutely gorgeous imo.

nov2.jpg

feylya wrote:
    The blue K-7 with the white hardware is absolutely gorgeous imo.

nov2.jpg

Agreed, though I saw another picture of a K7 with white pickups aswell, and that looked even better.

Seeing as my RG1527 is blue, I was thinking I could just get some white bobbin toppers for it. Snazzy. :D

• Advertisement

That picture is a copy actually. Looks great though.

Edit: Project Log

feylya wrote:
    That picture is a copy actually. Looks great though.

You can tell, seeing as there's a tone knob, and a different inlay.

Found some pics, but not great quality:

munky03.jpg
    munky01.jpg

I don't like Korn, but they do have nice guitars.

They have different guitars :p Not overly garrish (Jem anyone), not overly complicated (Petrucci's Piezo 7), just simple and usable. If they came with a tone knob which was a coil tap and I'd think about it...

feylya wrote:
    They have different guitars :p Not overly garrish (Jem anyone), not overly complicated (Petrucci's Piezo 7), just simple and usable. If they came with a tone knob which was a coil tap and I'd think about it...

A tone knob with a coil tap would just be pointless because most Ibanez guitars have 5-way switches with coil tapping.

Gah, can't deal with 5 way switches. If I get a strat, it'll be a three way switch with push-pull pots everywhere.

feylya wrote:
    Gah, can't deal with 5 way switches. If I get a strat, it'll be a three way switch with push-pull pots everywhere.

I like 'em, but I can see why you wouldn't. You can get more combinations with push-pull pots and a 3 way, whereas with your 5-way, you've stuck with those 5 settings.

Of course, you could get a mega switch and push pulls...

feylya wrote:
    Of course, you could get a mega switch and push pulls...

Why stop there? Add a phase switch aswell. ;)

*cough*pushpulls*cough*

feylya wrote:
    *cough*pushpulls*cough*

Ah right, you'd end up with a fair amount of knobs then. ;)

Speaking of 7 Strings though, something that's really tickled my fancy as of late is the LTD SC-607B. Neck-through, 27" scale, mahogany body. Very nice.

• Advertisement

A tone knob with a coil tap would just be pointless because most Ibanez guitars have 5-way switches with coil tapping.

Actually, just looking at the Ibanez site now, and the K7 is actually a 3-way! It'd be very easy to set up a coil split with a push/pull on the volume knob. ;)

those ESP sc's are beauties,i had a 6 string version for a while,was great.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/jackson_dk7_christian_olde_wolbers.htm

i love this one at the moment,and its a decent price as well

Gintonious wrote:
    those ESP sc's are beauties,i had a 6 string version for a while,was great.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/jackson_dk7_christian_olde_wolbers.htm

i love this one at the moment,and its a decent price as well

It's alright, and definetly a good price, but guitars with 1 pickup are a big turn-off for me.

ah i quite like them,i love the minimal look on things and especially that thing,its real evil looking

Gintonious wrote:
    ah i quite like them,i love the minimal look on things and especially that thing,its real evil looking

Oh, I do like the minimal look, especially the ebony fretboard with no inlays, that's just incredibly slick. It's the fact that it only has 1 pickup that puts me off.

Advertisement