Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copenhagen

• 02-11-2006 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am staying in Copenhagen for a couple of nights in December. Can anyone recommend a hotel that is close to the centre of the city for bars etc which is also convenient for the Parken, Stadium and travel to and from the airport.

What is the main area/streets for bars and restaurants?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Nyhavn is a good spot for bars and grub. There's an all you can eat BBQ restaurant which is quite reasonable, can't think of what it's called. All along the 'walking street' is a good spot for bars, The Dubliner being one of them. The price of the drink is these spots are quite dear tho. Expect to pay at least €6 for a pint.

But a real gem of a spot is with good atmosphere especially at the weekends, is Kennedys Bar on Gammel Kongevej. Tim and Tony run the place and they're top blokes, a Kerryman and a Wexfordman. It's also quite good during the week and it's the cheapest pint in Copenhagen!! They've a website with a map http://www.kennedysbar.com.

I stayed in The Admiral a couple of weeks ago which was super, but I think rather expensive (work paid for it!). It's withing a 15 min walking distance of everything. I also stayed in the Absalon last year which is right in the middle of the former red light district. Make sure you get a double room as the single rooms are very pokey! Even closer to everything. I think this was reasonable enough. Enjoy! It's a super little city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Hail Hail :D i wouldn't mind going to Copenhagen myself have heard it's quite a cool city.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Copenhagen is a cool city alright. Nyhavn has good food and bars etc.... I was there in the summer and that area seemed to be pretty touristy, so i'm not sure what it'll be like in december. Perhaps it won't be as busy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

jonny68 wrote:
    Hail Hail :D i wouldn't mind going to Copenhagen myself have heard it's quite a cool city.;)

Tis indeed! For a start the girls are stunners, but anyway! OP check out some of their buffet restauraunts. Beautiful food that wont break the bank. :) By the way, prepare to be disappointed by The Little Mermaid! Shes tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do NOT stay in Hotel Euroglobe. Under any circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Theres an SAS Radisson hotel right in the middle of the city centre. (Radhuspladsen) Depends on your budget of course. Either way you wont be stuck for accomodation in the city.

Advertisement