Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Predictions

Options
  • 02-11-2006 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Anyone got any predictions for cork open?
    I predict it will be a deadly weekend of ultimate hopefully with good weather and definitley with great partys.
    And for the winners, will chimpo win it again, or the brocs? Or some European team? Heard Cota rica are coming over, true?
    Cool well see everyone there and possibly someone will read my post this side of christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭RareVintage

Before the tourney my money would have been on Cota Rica. They travel to collect trophies. Even though they came to Cork with half a team of pick-ups, there wasn't a single weak link on their team with top guest players from Bologna and Rome, maybe Milan too but I'm not sure.
    As to who might meet them in the final I think it was always pretty open. Cork Skulltimate are strong and well drilled, Trinity outdoor student champions, Ego International had some real quality, Chimpo two-time defending Cork champions, UCD always there or thereabouts in strength. The number of quality palyers in attendance was outstanding. Although Trinity gave Cota a run for their money in the final the result was never in any doubt. Losing to Cork Skulltimate in the pool stage just put the fire in their bellies. I would have liked to have seen a Cork - Trinity semi instead of the re-run of Cork-Cota but all the top half games on Sunday were good scraps and it didn't matter which student team put Chimpo out. Then Skulltimate stared them down in the play-off for 3rd, classic! Cork Open just gets better and better! :)

Advertisement