Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help! what to get a 9yr old girl for christmas

Options
  • 02-11-2006 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rhondadunphy

hi guys just looking for some advice on what to get a 9 year old girl who say she doesnt want anything for christmas i dont no what to get her, i have made suggestions to her on differant things but all she says is i dont want anything.
    please help any suggestions are welcome.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Clondalkin? <snipped by Herr K>
    bring her shopping for clothes with a 50 euro budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

My 11 year old sister is getting a Nintendo DS, the pink one, that's what all her friends are getting too.

My friend has a 7 year old kid who wants the Pink PSP.

I don't know what your price range is, the above are the 'big presents' on their lists to Santa.
    If your looking for something a bit more affordable then maybe Heelies would be a good option, all the kids are going mad from them, or so I've been told.:p

julep wrote:
    bring her shopping for clothes with a 50 euro budget.

Uhm. Buy them a GI Joe doll. Doesn't matter if she's not a guy. Everyone should have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rhondadunphy

i dont mind how much it costs as she is my only child, i dont mean money is no object but i a not going to put a price limited on what she gets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

buy her 50 acres on the moon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Buy her a Nintendo DS with the nintendogs game.
    Heelies are also a good gift, a vtech phone, a trampoline, is she too old for Baby annabelle?

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

ok first off what are Heelies?
    My 9 year old sister loves "Recess" on Nickolodeon so I'm gonna get her a dvd of that, and a tray of fancy chocolates like ferrero rocher or something, the kids get plenty of mars and maltesers and whatever but something different like individual little box of more expensive chocolates seems like a nice touch in my opinion.
    Most 9 year old girls would not like anything with computer games would they, is it only boys who would? or am I out of touch already at the age of 20? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Dan133269 wrote:
    those shoes with wheels in the heel that let kids run into people in shopping centres

edit:
    http://www.bewild.com/heelwheelsho.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Dan133269 wrote:

Most 9 year old girls would not like anything with computer games would they, is it only boys who would? or am I out of touch already at the age of 20? :rolleyes:

Ah you are way out of touch! :D

Heelies
    are runners, with a little wheel in the heel of them, that can be tucked away when the kids are in school, and used when they are out playing.

My house is always full of kids, girls and boys aged from about 6 - 12, and they all want either the Nintendo DS or the PSP for Christmas this year.

I hope my lil sis gets the Nintendo DS, cos I really want to have a go at the Brain Training game! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

http://www.pawsweb.org/site/animals/index_bears.htm

Adopt a bear in her name. (second one down is Booboo, life must be tough for him since the Jellystone ranger finally shot Yogi)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Ah yes those things my sisters already have them. Remember first time I saw them didn't know what was going on!

Dan133269 wrote:
    OUT OF TOUCH
    The pink Nintendo DS or PSP are in.
    The video games companies have finally copped that half of all children are girls, now these massive corporations are manipulating little girls into wanting these useless pieces of Junk.

MM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Erm, ask her what she'd like?

i have asked her ,she has a computer , guitar , bike you name it nearly she has it she wants for nothing thats why i'm looking for suggestions on what to get her , she would prefer clothes but she got loads of christmas clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

hi guys just looking for some advice on what to get a 9 year old girl who say she doesnt want anything for christmas i dont no what to get her, i have made suggestions to her on differant things but all she says is i dont want anything.
    please help any suggestions are welcome.:rolleyes:
    Your answer right there.

Or maybe save the rainforest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

i have asked her ,she has a computer , guitar , bike you name it nearly she has it she wants for nothing thats why i'm looking for suggestions on what to get her , she would prefer clothes but she got loads of christmas clothes.

So basicly shes a spoilt, only child, brat? ummm get her a white pony? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

Fair enough. nice that she knows she needs nothing instead of just demanding more. Send the money to a worthy cause like Bothar or Concern Christmas appeal, that way someone who does need it gets a nice gift too and your daughter gets that warm fuzzy feeling that she's done something nice.

Or get her a unicorn. Every young girl wants a unicorn for some reason.

Archeron wrote:
    Send the money to a worthy cause like Bothar or Concern Christmas appeal, that way someone who does need it gets a nice gift too ...
    what a great gift and what a wonderful thing for your daughter to do.
    (get her something small too)
    MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Get her a book or a number of books as budget alloews.
    There is great books like dragonogly etc, the magic faraway tree, dahl etc,
    Much better than computer games and it will hopefully improve a love for reading.
    I always buy my little sister books and she loves them.

Am I being thick here? If she doesn't want anything, don't buy her anything. Maybe she's so spoiled she genuinely can't think of anything else. Make a donation to charity instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A donation is a great idea, it'll teach her a lot too (you can explain where the money has gone, who needs it most, etc) if she feels that she doesn't want anything. A savings account with An Post maybe, that Cyril the Squirrel thingy used to be cool when I was a lad. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

How about one of those things where you sponsor an animal at a shelter or take her to volunteer with you at a soup kitchen or an old folks home for a couple hours, to emphasize the whole idea of giving for the sake of helping instead of giving and getting? You never know what things kids will take to heart.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Does she like the zoo, you could get a subscription for a year? Alternatively the donations to charity like several of the other posters are saying then some money in her bank account towards a car when she is old enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Get her nothing if that's what she wants. Or get her books/book vouchers. An appreciation for the written word is the best Christmas present you can get a kid/adult. Come to think of it, just send me the book vouchers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ruu wrote:
    A donation is a great idea, it'll teach her a lot too (you can explain where the money has gone, who needs it most, etc) if she feels that she doesn't want anything. A savings account with An Post maybe, that Cyril the Squirrel thingy used to be cool when I was a lad. :)

Don't think I can remember Cyril. I was with Ulster Bank. Henry the Hippo.

i would just like to say thank you to anyone who has posted a suggestion i think the donation or adoption of a animal is a great idea.
    i spoke to my daughter last night and she now wants art things and drama classes which is great but as a little extra i am going to look into adopting a aminal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

/ back on topic

How about you set a budget and you half it.
    Give one half of the money to adopting a pet/ charity whatever and then the other half for somethink that you think that she would like.

The nintendo ds is a good handheld console and it's not too expensive either so that is another choice for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

RE*AC*TOR banned for personal abuse. Now shut up and stay on-topic-ish.

Thread cleaned up. All better? GROUP HUGZ!?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement