Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uefa Cup tomorrow

Options
  • 01-11-2006 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Goalkeeper Tim Krul could make his Newcastle debut in Thursday's Uefa Cup group match at Palermo if Steve Harper fails a late fitness test.
    The Magpies are already without several first-team regulars with Stephen Carr, Celestine Babayaro, Scott Parker and Damien Duff out with minor injuries.

Spanish forward Albert Luque will start up front following injuries to Shola Ameobi and Obafemi Martins.

In addition to Krul, several other young players could make their debuts.

Harper, Krul, Given, Foster, Bernard, Ramage, Moore, Bramble, Taylor, Huntington, Butt, Emre, Solano, N'Zogbia, Milner, Pattison, O'Brien, Troisi, Luque, Sibierski, Carroll.

Not in good shape at all. Palmero are currently 1.76 on betfair. I expect there price to drop tonight and tomorrow once people realise this, so worth getting on them now.

Palmero are second in Seire A and unbeaten in their last 3 matches. They beat Frankfurt away in the last set of fixtures the Uefa cup 2-1. All of their home matches so far this season have been over 2.5 goals. With Newcastle defence being so comically **** i wouldnt be suprised if they get a bit of a walloping. Taking Palermo at -1 might also be worth looking at for the more adventourus of gamblers.

Over 2.5 - 2.28

If Palermo go 2-0 they might cruise it a bit, and i dont know if Newcastle will score. But still, odds are at all bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Nice info Chucky. Not getting too involved tonight as the UEFA Cup is usually a bad nights betting for me.

Shall be adding in Dinamo Bucharest though. There a crazy 10/11 to beat Besiktas. The Romanians have won 13 out of 13 this year in the league(ahead of Steau Bucharest who narrowly lost to REal last night) and are also unbeaten in Europe. Besiktas have a poor away record and have already lost 2-0 against moderate CSKA Sofia in this competition.

20 Points Double:
    Palermo, Dinamo Bucharest@ 2.08/1
    10 Points Treble: Palermo(HT-FT)@13/8, Lens@11/10, Dinamo Bucharest@10/11 @9.52/1

Cheers for the Newcastle info Chucky. Good luck with your bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

From todays Racing Post:
    Palermo will not be at full strength either. Although it does go on to say that Palermo's 2nd string should be much stronger than Newcastle's.

In addition, Partizan Belgrade have been backed from odds against to odds on to beat an understrength Livorno.

Tonights lay:
    Spurs at 1.47, bad start and they'll be well tradeable.

To Win:
    Palermo, Dinamo, Partizan, Ajax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Palermo can be backed at 5/4 to win their group, which if they win tonight should be a formality, they have to play fenerbahce away and Celta Vigo at home after tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

diaster. 1-0 to the barcodes. After getting my fingers burnt by Livorno against rangers i should of stayed away. I think i'll be giving the UEFA cup a miss from now on!

Good shout on the Dinamo match pighead. sorry about the Palermo tip!

Don't be silly Chucky, the info was good and it was just one of those things. Fancied the dirty Italians quite strongly myself. Not to worry. Weekend coupon is fast approaching. Pigheads giddy with excitement.

May the force be with us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

unlucky lads,tend to stay away from the uefa cup myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Betting on football, lol. Palermo left out 5 first team regulars tonight. Teams like Newcastle will always lose u money. They're good for a home win on Saturday but I would never back them in a million years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

diaster. 1-0 to the barcodes. After getting my fingers burnt by Livorno against rangers i should of stayed away. I think i'll be giving the UEFA cup a miss from now on!

Good shout on the Dinamo match pighead. sorry about the Palermo tip!
    The best thing to do is wait for the teams to be announced. Lens were a decent bet at 5/4. Partizan were an excellent bet but very unlucky. Dinamo were well backed and lucky to win against the much better team (rumours of a match fixing). Ajax and Spurs were pretty much bankers. Blackburn were a good bet against a mediocre Basel team, although lucky to win in the end. I also had Rangers in a 5 team acc. with Partizan letting me down. I would have predicted the vast majority of last nights results (well the teams that I knew a little about anyway). Only Partizan and Heerenveen were suprises to me.

kinaldo wrote:
    Betting on football, lol. Palermo left out 5 first team regulars tonight. Teams like Newcastle will always lose u money. They're good for a home win on Saturday but I would never back them in a million years.

Ah yes, the classic "being wise after the event post". Judging by this post of yours kinaldo it seems that you also were expecting a Palermo win.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52282105&postcount=166

Pighead wrote:
    Ah yes, the classic "being wise after the event post". Judging by this post of yours kinaldo it seems that you also were expecting a Palermo win.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52282105&postcount=166
    Yes but I'd never have been silly enough to put money on it. The odd time I do flutter I stick to bankers like Chelsea, Barca and Arsenal or the likes of Pool and Man Utd for home games. There's plenty of nice trebles to be had amongst those teams. Stay well clear of teams like Newcastle, Spurs and Man City (unless they're playing the aforementioned).

• Advertisement

kinaldo wrote:
    Yeah but I'd never have been silly enough to put money on it. The odd time I do flutter I stick to bankers like Chelsea, Barca and Arsenal or the likes of Pool and Man Utd for home games. There's plenty of nice trebles amongst those teams. Stay well clear of teams like Newcastle, Spurs and Man City.

Pighead doesn't think it was silly at all. With the info given it was a decent shout. A weakened Newcastle (already poor anyway) team were playing away against a confident weakened Palermo team.

Add to this the fact that Newcastle had an 18 year old kid making his debut in goals (Unfortunately for us he played great) and it was a decent betting opportunity. Look at Levski Sofia the previous night against Bremen. They give an 18 year old kid his debut in goals and he has a howler, scoring an og and getting hauled off at half time.

Palermo absolutely battered Newcastle 2nd half but it was just one of those nights were the ball didn't go in.

PS:Your bankers of Chelsea Barca and Arsenal all drew midweek

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead doesn't think it was silly at all. With the info given it was a decent shout. A weakened Newcastle (already poor anyway) team were playing against a confident weakened Palermo team.

Add to this the fact that Newcastle had an 18 year old kid making his debut in goals (Unfortunately for us he played great) and it was a decent betting opportunity. Look at Levski Sofia the previous night against Bremen. They give an 18 year old kid his debut in goals and he has a howler, scoring an og and getting hauled off at half time.

Palermo absolutely battered Newcastle 2nd half but it was just one of those nights were the ball didn't go in.

PS:Your bankers of Chelsea Barca and Arsenal all drew midweek
    If u were to bet on teams like Newcastle or teams like Chelsea every week, which one would u expect to make u profit in the long run? I'd be much more confident of making money with Chelsea. Newcastle are good on paper but are so damn inconsistent, always blowing hot and cold. If I was to put money on the outcome of a game I'd either have to be getting incredible odds and/or it would have to feature a consistent team like Chelsea. My advice is to simply just avoid the Newcastles of this world.

PS: betting on Palermo v Newcastle was also foolish imo considering that the form book tends to go out the window when both teams make so many changes and view the game as a lesser significance.

kinaldo wrote:
    If u were to bet on teams like Newcastle or teams like Chelsea every week, which one would u expect to make u profit in the long run?
    Chelsea. Whats your point. I betted on neither teams.
    kinaldo wrote:
    I'd be much more confident of making money with Chelsea. Newcastle are good on paper but are so damn inconsistent, always blowing hot and cold.
    Me too, again whats your point. You're making it sound like Pighead has some sort of Newcastle betting fetish going on here. You do know I bet against them don't you?
    kinaldo wrote:
    If I was to put money on the outcome of a game I'd either have to be getting incredible odds and/or it would have to feature a consistent team like Chelsea.
    Ha Ha! Pigheads guessing you don't bet too aften then. To be getting incredible odds and for it to feature a consistent team just isn't gonna happen. Conistent teams by definition rarely lose, thus our friendly bookmakers slap a crappy price on them to minimize his losses.

kinaldo wrote:
    My advice is to simply just avoid the Newcastles of this world.
    Sound advice. Thanks for that buddy.

Sorry I worded my post badly, it should read betting on games involving teams like Chelsea or Newcastle. You're right though, I don't bet too often because the odds are usually sh1te. Only if there's a nice treble on...

kinaldo wrote:
    Sorry I worded my post badly, it should read betting on games involving teams like Chelsea or Newcastle. You're right though, I don't bet too often because the odds are usually sh1te. Only if there's a nice treble on...
    Yeah, listen your right, betting on Newcastle isn't the best strategy out there but that doesn't mean I'm never ever gonna bet on them or against them.

Like if Newcastle were to play Villa tomorrow and I found out that half the villa team had the runs from a dodgy chicken curry then I'm probably gonna have a bet on Newcastle. They mightn't win but the chance of it happening have improved. Anyway we'll leave it at that and good luck against Sheff Utd tomorrow (What price are Newcastle for this by the way?!!)

Newcastle are 10/13 on betfair, Sheffield are 9/2. Draw is 23/8.

vcbet.ie are offering a tempting 4/1 on Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd all winning.

Never thought the thread would turn this exciting!

P.S Kinaldo - None of the "big" four teams have managed to win in the same weekend yet this season.

P.S Kinaldo - None of the "big" four teams have managed to win in the same weekend yet this season.
    Meh. Liverpool and Arsenal have been stop-start so far this season but look like they're starting to gather a bit of momentum now.

Anything other than home wins for Man Utd and Liverpool tomorrow will be a massive shock, and the other two ties are tricky but going by form and the respective records of Arsenal and Chelsea against their London opposition, I'm extremely confident of a foursome this weekend.

The other EPL fixtures are anybody's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

chucky has spoken

*rushes out to the bookies and bets on the "big" four teams*:rolleyes: ;)

haha. :p

Well, 2 out of 4 so far. Best of luck with this afternoons matches!

• Advertisement
Advertisement