Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Delivery Question

Options
  • 01-11-2006 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Bought some stuff off Thomann last Monday (placed the order in the evening on the 23rd). Got a text to say it was dispatched on the 24th.

My sister stayed at home on Friday in case it came and then again on Tuesday just in case again.

I rang up DHL yesterday and gave them the 3 parcel numbers I had been given and they were saying they had no records of them despite putting a trace on the numbers. When I put the number of the first parcel into the DHL tracking tool I get
    Terminal/Hub - inbound 27-oct-2006 18:38:00 DUBLIN

So my question is, has anyone ever had trouble with Thomann deliveries? Do they get sent by DHL afterall? If they're sent by DHL are they sent to the depot and then dispatched with normal post?

I tried ringing the sales rep in Germany but I think I was a minute or two late because it was just 6.30 in Germany when I rang...

Sorry if I should've posted this in Online Ordering or some other such forum but you guys seem like the people to ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

you'll probably get it before the weekend

there usually aok with their shipping average is 10 working days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Good stuff, cheers Al.

Got the day off work tomorrow anyway so I'll be sitting beside the door all day just in case :)

One more thing, is it a DHL van that arrives at the door? If so I'd presume that when it comes it'd come around early afternoon-ish?

Im pretty sure its just normal post.

I ordered of thomann ages ago and it was a lil big for the letterbox so i got a note saying collect it at my local post office, which is normal. for things larger than usual

but i ordered stuff from the US a while back too and it was in a Ups van had to sign and pay some €€ for it... but thats cause of customs and import stuff yada yada but thats form the US of corse..

but if it is DHL u just gota give a signature, they might even ring u the mornin there about to send it out to make sure someones around to sign it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

When i ordered the time before last it was sent by dhl but the van was a plain white one.
    No idea about the last one, my mam was here for it and that woman is away with the fairys!!
    I've found the tracking system to be poor. Its said "awaiting collection" right up until it was delivered to me so i just ignore it and go by the dispatch text.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've ordered several things from Thomann and I find they use a variety of delivery services - from An Post to DHL to white vans. It depends on the size of the order really. DHL are owned by the German postal company, Deutsche Post so I reckon they use them. Most Thomann orders are despatched by Deutsche Post.

I've never had a shipement from Thomann that I could track with any degree of accuracy. But they always deliver. I find about 7-8 days for most things.

Anyway, you just reminded me that I've to order a new damper pedal - cheers.

• Advertisement

Arrived today @ about 1PM. Got the white van but it was a DHL delivery.

Just thought I'd post an update on my stuff arriving and give Thomann some kudos :)

and i just ordered broadband today, Weh hey!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

What did you buy? Still don't like Thomann though :(

A set of decks and also some active monitors for the mixer and for my Toneport.

Got a returned active set of Behringers... €60 odd, not the best but they still sound grand sitting in my bedroom with my geetar

Hmmm, tempted to get some of those active Behringer Truths. Lemme know what ya think.

• Advertisement

feylya wrote:
    Hmmm, tempted to get some of those active Behringer Truths. Lemme know what ya think.
    Heh, they aren't the Truths :)

They're the MS16s, basically glorified computer speakers but they were 60 quid or so so they'll tie me over until next payday.

But for glorified computer speakers the bass is great and there's good lows without any clipping. Haven't tried cranking them up because my sister's at home sick but so far there's been no problems. Have my Toneport and mixer running into it at the same time. Nice auld yokes for 60 squid!

Edit: By the way I've heard good things about the Truths. Good price for them and I've read some good reviews

Nice. I'm thinking either Truths or some really nice Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic studio headphones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

feylya wrote:
    Nice. I'm thinking either Truths or some really nice Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic studio headphones.

If you're thinking of going the headphone route, I got this set of Sennheisers last year, and I have to say they sound absolutely incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you're thinking of going the headphone route, I got this set of Sennheisers last year, and I have to say they sound absolutely incredible.

I've a pair of these myself and I agree, they are incredible. Great sound reproduction across all frequencies - for headphones. And great at reducing unwanted outside noise. Highly recommended.

feel free to send me a pair :)

Advertisement