Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Hol.

• 01-11-2006 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Me and my boyfriend want to go away in january for 5-7 days, on a really relaxing romantic break. I just have no idea where to go. We were thinking paris, i have never been but people say it isnt all very romantic etc. We are thinking a 4star hotel. We were also thinking of the idea of driving to paris or london bit then again some of the places we were thinking was venice, rome, barcalona. Anyone been on a short romantic filled break who could help me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I seem to be doing this quite a bit of late, but I would recommend Boston. Myself and Mrs. Dunne went there last January from a Thursday to a Monday and had a ball. It's a very laid back city, with plenty to do, good food and beer and a relatively short flight.

I think we got the flights for around 250 Euro each (booked them about 2 weeks before hand). Hotel was decent enough at $120 a night and fairly central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I wouldn't go to Paris for that long in Winter, but maybe that's just me. I've been there many times.

How about flying to London, staying there for a couple of days, then taking the Eurostar to Paris and after a few days there, fly home. You can book multi-city on Aer Lingus.

How about Nice? Flights are reasonable and it's a great base to explore the south of France and even parts of Italy. You can even take a day trip from Nice to go skiing!

Advertisement