Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians Wanted

Options
  • 01-11-2006 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi Everyone, I'm looking for musicians to join me in doing some weird stuff.
    Doing cover versions initially, to get started straight away, and then moving on to more original work.

Who?:
    I am looking for: 1 Drummer, 1 Bassist, 1 Guitar Player
    More may be added later, but first I'll see how this setup works out.
    I will be doing vocals & brake-dancing, maybe guitar also.
    Professional attitude absolutely essential. Any age, but over 18's preferred (I’m M28).
    Bass Players: Must be able to read or learn to read bass tab
    Drummers: Must be able to read or learn to read drum tab
    Guitarist: Must be able to read or learn to read guitar tab

What?:
    Sounds a bit Like: ...Early Pink Floyd, Woodie Guthrie, Lonnie Donnegan, The Shaggs,
    Hank Williams, Captain Beefheart, Stone Roses, Buddy Holly, U2, Abba, Hoovers&Sledgehammers(http://www.hooversandsledgehammers.com), William Shatner, Duran Duran, Beatles, Mozart, Beethoven, Velvet Underground, Bruce Springsteen, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, The Smiths, Sonny Boy Williamson, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, The Clash, Bee Gees, The Ramones, Led Zeppelin(& more)…

Why?:
    Fame, Fortune etc., or at least enough to give up the day job.
    Both live Gigs & studio recording.

When?:
    Practice usually twice a week, on different days.
    About 3-4 hrs per session.

Where?:
    Dublin City

CONTACT EMAIL:
    jcash8000@hotmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Brother A

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yeah I'd be up for that. I'm a 20-year old guitarist. Recently moved to Dublin. Listen to and play Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, U2, Jimi Hendrix, Chuck Berry, AC/DC, Nirvana, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, White Stripes, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Elvis, Johnny Cash, etc. and am flexible with regard to learning new stuff. I write loadsa stuff too.

Good stuff Primal Nut, I sent you a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

I have been playing for 16 years , like so many bands can mention them all, have you got your guitar spot filled yet ?

Nobody confirmed just yet for Guitar slot.

Send me an email if you like Coady, at jcash8000@hotmail.com, and we can arrange a meet-up or jam.

• Advertisement

bump

bump

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 caronico

Hi I'm a French guitarist living in Dublin? i'm 24 years old and I play guitar since 4 years. I play songs like ac-dc, hendrix, U2, and some French songs.
    I played in a rock band in France and i would like to continue my passion here.
    Callme back if you're interested.

I'll do that Caronico

-and bump

• Advertisement

bump

DEMO AVAILABLE!!!

-This was recorded 2 years ago-
    Note the changing time sigs, hooks/riffs etc., the general energy, and singing (I do it much better these days though!). Appearance of traditional rock guitar structures (e.g. solo in middle etc) would not be any sort of 'usual' thing in this project. -style & playing there is excellent though, thank you Egon-

www.myspace.com/theelvesmusic

bump

Advertisement