Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trend Airshield Respirator

Options
  • 31-10-2006 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, I am considering buying a Trend Airshield Respirator from Axminster as i wear glasses, and find Face masks and googles impossible to use.
    Just wondering has anyone got one of these and if so, would you recommend it, or are they bulky and inconvient to use?

Thanks

Q?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Trend-Airshield-Respirator-21197.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't use one myself, but you'll find many discussions (albeit a bit US biassed) on the rec.crafts.woodturning newsgroup. If you don't have newsgroup access or don't know how to use it, you can access it via Google groups (http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.crafts.woodturning)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I have been thinking about getting one recently,The router center in JFK have them for 270 euro. Didn't realise they needed replacement filters:rolleyes: So I suppose it's not such a bad price considering you would have to pay postage from the UK.I have to go into town tomorrow so may try Mcquillans and Goughs for prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭boysie39

Hi, I bought a trend respirator about 2 yrs.ago while I was over in U.K for a few days. It,s not the full shield it cost around £30 or something like that.Like you I wear glasses and have the problem of fogging up with most masks. However I found this Trend and a 3 mg or gm respirator which I bought in Woodies to be excellantIfound once you hook the strap that goes around your neck it works perfectly. Iv,e been using the 3G model for over a year now and have no complaints. Hope this was helpful regds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭boysie39

Hi, I bought a trend respirator about 2 yrs.ago while I was over in U.K for a few days. It,s not the full shield it cost around £30 or something like that.Like you I wear glasses and have the problem of fogging up with most masks. However I found this Trend and a 3 mg or gm respirator which I bought in Woodies to be excellantIfound once you hook the strap that goes around your neck it works perfectly. Iv,e been using the 3G model for over a year now and have no complaints. Hope this was helpful regds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Just some feedback. I decided to buy one of these in January. I'm delighted with it. Haven't had a lot of chances to use it yet, but it's brilliant. Only fault is that to charge it you have to open it up and take the battery out. Poor design feature, but other than that it's excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 geofftulip

the trend airshield is an excellent piece of kit - no fogging etc - bit of an outlay £150 ish but worth it if you plan on staying at the turning for a while - get an extra battery when ordering to save waiting on charge - although its not a real problem - feels a bit heavy at first but you get usded to it....
    for those that dont use any mask etc - start wearing one - you would be be surprised the harm it is doing to you - it is sure to catch up on you someday !!!!

Advertisement