Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson hiding out in Ireland

Options
  • 31-10-2006 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

So I hear MJ is kickin it in Grouse Recording studios in Westmeath.
    Supposed to be recording a new album there and all.

thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,857 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nah.. that's just my mate Bill. He's pale and likes kids a lot!

On a more serious note.. who gives a crippity crap?! The guy's been tortured by people and the media enough.. most of it probably justified but even so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's not as if anyone is going to recognise him, it's halloween ffs and everyone is going around with a mask on their face!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Keep him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send me Van Morrison in exchange! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

He's been in Ireland for a couple of months now, Ryan Tubridy had the owner of a bookshop in Dún Laoghaire on RTE Radio 1 in September.

Apparently MJ asked to have the shop kept open late one night so he and the kids could do some shopping. He spent some serious cash apparently and he also got a freebie book of photographs of Irish landscapes. According to the guy on the radio, he was, friendly and very appreciative of the freebie :) His kids also acted pretty normally and got a load of books fromt he kids section so at least he's giving them a love of books!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Z wrote:

thoughts?
    probably doing a duo with gary glitter and being produced by jonathan king

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭upthere

he's probably waiting for tricker treaters to come to his door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Too many jokes.......must resist..........:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

He has to record it somewhere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The guy in Grouse studios was on the radio last week and said Michael Jackson was there a few weeks ago but not now. Apparently the Manic Street Preachers are there this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

click.
    Old news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

The Manic Street Preachers are rubbish. As for that other yoke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

My thoughts are that this subject does not deserve any thoughts, honestly who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

OFDM wrote:
    The Manic Street Preachers are rubbish. As for that other yoke...

I used to think so untill i listened to 'The Holy Bible' and discovered it was very very good indeed.

Ohhh yea, when asked what he looked like like, the bookshop owner said MJ looked like Willie O'dea in drag. Now that is funny!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

MJ will clean up at the oul trick or treating tonight the bastid

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I googled "Michael Jackson hiding" to see where he had been hiding before

Michael Jackson Hiding Out In Central Florida Mansion
    Michael Jackson hiding behind a ski mask on the streets of Aspen
    Michael Jackson hiding out of the country in remote terrorist threatened Bahrain
    Michael Jackson hiding in the recording studio
    Michael Jackson hiding away in his ‘Never Land” fantasy world
    Michael Jackson hiding under the bed

and

Michael Jackson Hiding A Deep, Funky Man Voice
    :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Z wrote:

thoughts?
    If he continues his regular routine of plastic surgery, he will not need a mask for Halloween?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Interesting that this thread is brought up on halloween. I mean, if I saw Michael Jackson and he was walking down the road, the likely hood is that it is just someone dressing up

Either that or he knows there is children around this time of year and they make easy targets:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,857 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nightwish wrote:
    The guy in Grouse studios was on the radio last week and said Michael Jackson was there a few weeks ago but not now. Apparently the Manic Street Preachers are there this week.
    Yeah.. and Jesus is coming in next week... for a book signing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Z wrote:
    thoughts?

None really.. I so would go to a gig if he was doing one. I'd presume that it'd be in Westmeath's number one music venue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Z wrote:

thoughts?
    Plenty. My sources tell me that Elvis is booked in to record his come-back album there next month.

Realistically, Jacko relies on an army of session players and technicians to even record a phone message. Unless he's doing post-production mastering (rarely done in this country) I'd seriously doubt this story. He'd beam in with his usual retenue of about a zillion people plus mobile petting-zoo and stick out like a sore mickey in West Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

connundrum wrote:
    None really.. I so would go to a gig if he was doing one. I'd presume that it'd be in Westmeath's number one music venue :D

It has been upgraded since, must have been a while since you've been in Westmeath. Here is the new and improved stadion. :)

On topic, this news is ancient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Hey...HEY! Leave MJ the hell alone! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Ruu wrote:
    It has been upgraded since, must have been a while since you've been in Westmeath. Here is the new and improved stadion. :)

On topic, this news is ancient.

WoOt! Protection against the weather ftw!

Yeah old news though. I'm kinda glad that Ireland is seen as a kinda haven for the rich and famous, and I'm so glad that we don't have proper paparazzi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

He's definitely recording there. Will.I.Am from the black eyed peas is producing with him. The Album is due out mid 2007. There's an Access Hollywood special featuring an interview with the man himself from the recording studio which will air on the 2nd November.

Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKabWn4p3kM

He was spotted on a visit to the Tullamore center with his children recently and he will be receiving the Diamond Award for selling over 100 million albums through out his musical career at the upcoming World Music Awards in London on 15th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Savman wrote:
    Hey...HEY! Leave MJ the hell alone! :mad::mad:

Yeah, I agree, because I think we're forgetting something very important in all this. Okay, sure, he touched some children but the man is a great singer and he has entertained us for so many years. All this bad-mouthing, putting the man down. Okay, maybe he did touch some children now and then but come on! It's Michael Jackson! Michael Jackson!

sorry, it was just crying out to be done! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It can't be him. I thought Michael Jackson was dead.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30940

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

He never touched any children ffs :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    He stood trial, found not guilty what more can a man do? :rolleyes:

I s'pose he's almost easy prey for a passing comment but in years to come I think he will be remembered greatly. Noone ever seems to remember the amazing charity work he has done as well as his massive donations to poverty stricken kids.

C'mon everybody, "Heal the worrrrrrld..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Savman wrote:
    He never touched any children ffs :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    He stood trial, found not guilty what more can a man do? :rolleyes:

I s'pose he's almost easy prey for a passing comment but in years to come I think he will be remembered greatly. Noone ever seems to remember the amazing charity work he has done as well as his massive donations to poverty stricken kids.

C'mon everybody, "Heal the worrrrrrld..."
    Yeah, but for some, not guilty isn't good enough.

Janet Arviso the mother of the accuser is now on trial for fraud. surprise surprise.

Tom Sneddon, the District Attorney, is now wasting even more of American taxpayer's money on a case that is based on alien abductions. As if Janet Arviso's claim that Michael Jackson was going to abduct her in a hot air balloon wasn't bad enough. He was due to retire after the Jackson's case.

Even if there was a signed confession that the whole thing was an elaborate scam, I think they'd still think he was a child molester. It's beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

sure do we really care about that child molesting monkey loving billionare?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

He will be welcomed at his local priests that for sure...:rolleyes:

Advertisement