Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibanez Destroyer Bag in Dublin?

Options
  • 31-10-2006 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I desperately need to locate a soft bag big enough to fit my Ibanez Destroyer in as I need it to bring the guitar back to Dublin as hand luggage on a plane on the 9th of November. (I have done this with my other guitar already)

So far I have tried calling all the shops listed as selling guitars in Dublin for the past few weeks. Most said call another shop or said they have nothing like that. Today I had a few say they could order one in but it is most likely not going to arrive before the 9th.

Anyone have any better ideas?

I am aware that it might fit in soft a Gibson Explorer bag. My friend has both an Explorer and Destroyer and said that he Destroyer does not fit in the Gibson hard case so that won't work. He said it will fit in the soft one though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Don't be so sure they'd let you take it as hand luggage with the bag. I've enquired previously about taking a guitar on a flight, and the answer was basically under no circumstance was it coming onboard, it had to go in luggage. Suffice to say, I got it shipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kivun Sotilas

Don't be so sure they'd let you take it as hand luggage with the bag. I've enquired previously about taking a guitar on a flight, and the answer was basically under no circumstance was it coming onboard, it had to go in luggage. Suffice to say, I got it shipped.

Which airline was it? It's an Aer Lingus flight and they have already let me and my boyfriend bring back 2 guitars as hand luggage before. They actually suggested it and there was no problem at all. Only thing security asked us was what band we are in. :D I expected I would have to put it in luggage too but alas they were nice and let us bring them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Which airline was it? It's an Aer Lingus flight and they have already let me and my boyfriend bring back 2 guitars as hand luggage before. They actually suggested it and there was no problem at all. Only thing security asked us was what band we are in. :D I expected I would have to put it in luggage too but alas they were nice and let us bring them in.

It was Air France, I believe.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you a word of caution, just incase. Good to know that Aer Lingus are guitar friendly, I'll keep that in mind. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

My understanding is that despite what they say they will usually let you bring a guitar on board. All you need is a bit of hard neck. Worst case is that at the boarding gate it will be put into the hold along with the children's buggies etc. Its up to the people who work at the gate, ultimately. Considering some of the things that you see various dickheads bringing onboard a guit is not so bad IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I have carried on several guitars in the past with Aer Lingus as well without incident.

Working for an airline last year, I don't think I would trust the baggage handlers with anything that valuable.

• Advertisement

So does anyone know where I can get the bag to carry it from? Still no luck. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'm not sure why you didn't just order one online.

feylya wrote:
    I'm not sure why you didn't just order one online.

Because I was told by a certain shop that they would have one for me and to call back but on the day it was meant to arrive they didn't end up having it (forgot to order it or just never bothered) ... and it was too late to order one online.

Advertisement