Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zildjian cymbals

Options
  • 30-10-2006 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody here has or has any experience with zildjian zxt cymbals. What is the quality like, how do they sound etc? In other words, should i buy myself a nice set or would i be better off spending the same amount (400e) on paiste pst5s or sabian xs20's?
    Please help me as i really want a new set of cymbals soon but cannot decide.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

From what I know, Sabians are a harder wearing brand of cymbal. I'd probably go for them, both drummers I've played with have used them and they never failed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

A good friend of mine swears by Sabians, always has. Tried Zildjians and they didn't last as long. Tried Paiste and they just broke the whole time. Then again he can be heavy handed at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cheapdrums

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

Tbh, 400 was the amount i expect to spend on the basic set of cymbals, ie hats, crash and ride whatever brand i decide to buy. Why, how much cheaper are we talkin???

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I use a mix, so it's a matter of taste really. For a starter set, Zildjian stuff is grand though (I used the ZBTs for a bit). Can't say about the Sabians or Paiste starters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

I like your offer cheapdrums, do you mind if i ask where theyre coming from? What can you do for sabian xs20's or paiste pst5's? I would probably prefer the sabians the most right now tho.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Cheapdrums banned for two weeks for selling through the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Melinge

I confused. Should I get a ZILDJIAN zht splash cymbal or a zxt or a zbt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Threads merged.

Advertisement