Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backfired Spell

Options
  • 30-10-2006 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hey all,

I recently done a spell for some wealth (because i wanted a new comp) but it backfired and had the opposite effect. Does anyone know how long the duration of these spells are or how I can lift it from myself? It has been like this for over a month now but Ive tried looking on the internet for something.

Would it be best to write my own?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

You did something to have an effect.

Things we do to have an effect (other things we might do to get wealth include applying for jobs, buying lottery tickets, investments, armed-robbery, and begging - I recommend numbers 1 and 3 over the others) don't have a duration, they have a before and an after. If you apply for a job you either get the job or you don't. While there is a period between your application and its refusal or acceptance, there isn't a duration of the application. You apply for a job, your action changes the possibilities for how your life will go, and things move on.

You don't ever undo a job application, though you may take other actions that also affect your life.

You don't undo a spell, though you may take other actions that also affect how things go.

Still, what leads you to believe that the spell was to blame?

Also, what did you do in mundane terms to improve your financial situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭odarallo

Well every action has a opposite and equal reaction. I knew the risks in doing this spell. But never thought I would lose my job. I applied for new jobs etc to try and fix my financial circumstances but nothing to my luck.

Im just so annoyed that this has happened and I dont know if there is something I can do to lift this veil of bad luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

odarallo wrote:
    Hey all,
    I recently done a spell for some wealth (because i wanted a new comp) but it backfired and had the opposite effect. Does anyone know how long the duration of these spells are or how I can lift it from myself?

It depends on what you have done as to ending the course or not. For example, if the focus of your working was a herbal filter, popett, candle, jar, chord etc etc, then the continuing effect would be easily stopped but not reversed...
    If you put such things to ground or sea then sure the charging will be gone or at very least deminished and in ways it's similar to burning your finger in the fire, you can take your finger out of the fire but that does not mean that your finger will suddenly be cold or even stop burning... It may cool after a day or two but for all layers of your skin to heal it would take longer. The length of time you take to heal can depend on what ointment you use and how healthy your body is etc..
    This primarily deals with the spiritual and psycological aspects of the situation but on top of that, its like what Tallesin said. Try to find the practical things to do.

Although that said the first thing that I wondered is why did you do a wealth spell when you wanted a computer??? should you not have sought to work directly for that???
    odarallo wrote:
    Would it be best to write my own?
    Its always best to use you own words, images, symbols etc. Then it becomes of you aswell as for you. Spellwork is quite like a prayer in the novena sense of it and being a personal thing its most often best practice to concieve the entire process from scratch. If you are not confident in such practices by all means use the core concept for example; candle tied with string dipped in oil burned on three important nights, would be core concept and allow yourself to decide colours, scents, herbs, times and dates and most importantly of all WORDS... USE YOUR OWN WORDS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

odarallo wrote:
    Well every action has a opposite and equal reaction.
    Please do not misapply the rules of Newtonian Physics to thaumatology, it's offensive to those who have studied physics and it's offensive to those who have studied thaumatology.
    Not everyone believes in a Cosmic Justice Force which moderates all uses of magic and sends it back to those who sent it out.
    Not everyone believes in the three fold rule.
    odarallo wrote:
    I knew the risks in doing this spell. But never thought I would lose my job. I applied for new jobs etc to try and fix my financial circumstances but nothing to my luck.
    Why do you put it down to the spell?

Advertisement