Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fender Mustang

Options
  • 29-10-2006 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

does anyone know were i could get a 69 Fender Mustang neck? ive tried ebay but they only have mustang bodies not necks.
    or does anyone have any suggestions as to what i could do with my neck? its warped and bowls in the middle so the fifth fret on all strings sounds nasty
    any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

1stly hold down the low E string at the 1st and 12th frets and check for a gap between the top of the 6th fret and the bottom of the string. This is how i've always set the neck relief on my guitars. There should be a slight gap (around the same thickness as the high e-string) here. If you're not comfortable with adjusting the truss rod bring it to a guitar tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Amorphous Head

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Truss Rod adjustment. Be careful though. Never turn it more than quarter turn. You most likely dont need a new neck.

This guy

www.theguitarworkshop.net

can help you, but he's not that cheap.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Check the Resources sticky for lots of good guides on setting up neck relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

Lucky bastard for having a mustang is all i'll say.

GIVE ME IT!

Lauren

• Advertisement
Advertisement