Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Stinks of Desperation" Sunday Chasing Thread.

Options
  • 29-10-2006 5:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

While it may be a bit much to say it ruined Pigheads Bank Holiday weekend the fact that Walsall failed to beat MK Dons yesterday definitely darkened my mood somewhat. I've been looking for a scapegoat all day and eventually settled for Staunton. If he hadn't of left Walsall in the lurch to take a role as National Coach its almost certain Pigheads bet would have been a winner. Damn You Stan and your horrible hair.

Anyway with alcohol in my system and fire in my belly I've decided to pick myself up dust myself down and see whats happening in the Norwegian 2nd division. Paddy Power will be ****ting himself if he's reading this.

Tromsdalen V Pors Grenland @10/11: 11th plays 12th in this Norwegian 2nd division clash of the titans. Betting minefield I hear you cry. Wrong! Tromsdalen are theform team in the division at the moment. The lads are on fire. They've lost just once in 10 games and rocketed away from the dropzone. In the last 4 games they've played the 1st(W3-1) 3rd(W3-0) 4th(W1-0) and 7th(D2-2) placed teams winning 3 and drawing 1.Pors Grenland have played the 1st and 3rdplaced teams recently and lost 3-1 and 4-2. And apparently its a long trek for the away side right up to the north of the country which is freezing, and this will help Tromsdan even more. Quite confident with this bet(But that could be the Jack Daniels talking)

Kilmarnock V Celtic: Kilmarnock are no pushovers, especially at home but they just don't seem to be able to beat Celtic. In the last 4 matches they've played against them they've lost 4-1 4-2 1-0 and 1-0. Definite pattern developing there. Celtic are playing as well as they have in a good few years and as long as Strachan isn't resting any players for the Benfica game then Pighead shall take the 4/9. Shall check team news tomorrow.

Sligo V Derry @4/11 to qualify for next round: Derry are looking to get to get to the FAI cup final against Pats and Pighead thinks they can do it. They played Sligo less than 2 weeks ago and destroyed them 4-0. Sligo had a cracking start to the season but its been pretty dismal for the past 10 games or so. It should be a lot closer tomorrow which is why I haven't gone for the outright. 4./11 will do me.

Neil Robertson V Jamie Cope @4/6: Have been following the snooker grand prix all week and I've been very impressed with the Aussie blond bombshell(Dennis Taylors words not mine). He destroyed Ronnie O Sullivan 5-1 and showed great character today after going 2-0 down to Mc Manus before storming back to win the next 6 on the trot. Cope has had a tougher time of it and has struggled through in final frame deciders. He's a cracking young player but I reckon Robertson will have too much for him.

Sundays Chaser: (1st Event starts at 12)
    30 Points--Tromsdalen, Celtic, Derry to Qualify, Robertson @ 5.27/1
    10 Points--Tromsdalen, Derry, Robertson, Els to win Chryslar Golf @15/1

And its goodnight from Pighead and its goodnight from Me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Pighead wrote:
    Sligo V Derry @4/11 to qualify for next round: Derry are looking to get to get to the FAI cup final against Pats and Pighead thinks they can do it. They played Sligo less than 2 weeks ago and destroyed them 4-0. Sligo had a cracking start to the season but its been pretty dismal for the past 10 games or so. It should be a lot closer tomorrow which is why I haven't gone for the outright. 4./11 will do me.

Neil Robertson V Jamie Cope @4/6: Have been following the snooker grand prix all week and I've been very impressed with the Aussie blond bombshell(Dennis Taylors words not mine). He destroyed Ronnie O Sullivan 5-1 and showed great character today after going 2-0 down to Mc Manus before storming back to win the next 6 on the trot. Cope has had a tougher time of it and has struggled through in final frame deciders. He's a cracking young player but I reckon Robertson will have too much for him.

Following on both above, Robertson cost me a fortune this week after he whipped Ronnie 5-1, me was not impressed as most of bank was on the Rocket!!

However we should reclaim some of this loss today, Robertson is one of the best potters along with Williams in the game - however his tactical, shot selection and safety game lacks somewhat however this still should be a win for the Aussie!!!

The Derry match im on a DRAW NO BET at 1/2 as i cant see the Sligo Boys winning this as simple as that, Derry should win however if its a draw i get my money back so wont complain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

When is this on?
    Worth a flutter based on your both, informative and melevolent confidence on Tromsdalen.

T.Sc.
    12 bells. Pighead must warn you however that his confidence levels have gone from 1000% back down to a more realistic 90%.

Yeah hopefully the Nice Norwegians can Nick it for us.(Pighead Always Alliterates when he has An Angover)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

good look with your bet pighead,i am having a few bob on that horse u heard about pennywise thyne 2:20 at wexford,not seen u on about him so it could be a stinker?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wrote:

Sundays Chaser: (1st Event starts at 12)
    30 Points--Tromsdalen:( , Celtic:) , Derry to Qualify:confused: , Robertson:) @ 5.27/1
    10 Points--Tromsdalen:( , Derry:( , Robertson:) , Els to win Chryslar Golf:( @15/1

And its goodnight from Pighead and its goodnight from Me.

Damn Tromsdalen! Sorry for that shoddy pick The Scientist. 2-2 in the end in a game they fell behind twice. Pighead believes in second chances though so I'm gonna give them another chance next week at Haugesand. Odds should be tasty! Result better be as well.

Amount Staked 40 Points
    Amount Returned: 0 Points
    Amount Lost: 40 Points

Advertisement