Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Know Where Im Workin For CoOp !!

Options
  • 28-10-2006 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Ok so I blew away the interviewers with my sheer brilliance on my third attempt at an interview and am now off to work in Lufthansa in Shannon from February to september next year. Im not really delighted about geting the bus out to shannon everyday but ill get over it.

What I want to know is have any of ye worked in Lufthansa or know anyone that has. What are they like to work for and more importantly how much do they pay:D Because I can find nobody who has worked there before so i dunno what to expect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

You mean you accepted the job and you have no idea how much they pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

fade2black wrote:
    You mean you accepted the job and you have no idea how much they pay?
    Ah well its obvious you havent gone through the joy that is ULs CoOp system. You have no choice but to accept a job if your offered one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

dont have any specifics, but a friend of a friend of a friend etc was there 2-3 yrs ago and twas pretty daycent then so.... best of luck with the job, altho the daily bus trip will be hell after a while - try to get a lift off of s/o there already, most will prob have cars and will be glad of the petrol money!

yeah, the whole co-op set-up is a bollix, a friend of mine had done an interview w/ a top firm in dublin, but in the meantime got offered a job in the back of beyond; he had to accept that, and to rub it in he was offered the dublin job 2 wks later :eek:

i know they're under a lot of pressure trying to get everyone jobs, but a bit of flexibility wouldnt go amiss :o

dK1NG wrote:
    dont have any specifics, but a friend of a friend of a friend etc was there 2-3 yrs ago and twas pretty daycent then so.... best of luck with the job, altho the daily bus trip will be hell after a while - try to get a lift off of s/o there already, most will prob have cars and will be glad of the petrol money!

yeah, the whole co-op set-up is a bollix, a friend of mine had done an interview w/ a top firm in dublin, but in the meantime got offered a job in the back of beyond; he had to accept that, and to rub it in he was offered the dublin job 2 wks later :eek:

i know they're under a lot of pressure trying to get everyone jobs, but a bit of flexibility wouldnt go amiss :o
    Sounds promising but anyone have any specifics at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Co-Op in engineering firms sticks to between 280-350 a week. I was on 330 in intel, as a mechanical engineer and everyone one in my course was inbetween 280 and 350 if that helps.

• Advertisement

god did it go as low as 280, thats terrible. Its barely minimum wage. The lowest iv heard anyone get is 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

At least you're getting something! My CoOp is unpaid. Oh the joys of media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

cooperguy wrote:
    god did it go as low as 280, thats terrible. Its barely minimum wage. The lowest iv heard anyone get is 300.

try €250 :(

Dear god where were ye working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

cooperguy wrote:
    Dear god where were ye working.

In Ireland. I'd rather not discuss it tbh.

• Advertisement

With those wages I wouldnt blame you!!!

Advertisement