Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premiership 28th oct.

Options
  • 28-10-2006 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

heres my bet for saturday:
    celtic 4/9
    rangers 1/4
    barcelona 1/6
    sunderland 7/5
    oldham 5/6
    works out just over 9/1,also see spurs are a nice evens to beat watford away,could be worth a few euros on them to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sheffield United vs Chelsea

Both teams have little injury worries for this match. Chelsea's Carlo Cudicini is set to take the place of HIlario in goals. I cant see Sheffield United taking any points here. This being an early morning kick off a win here put even more pressure on United to get all 3 points away to Bolton later in the afternoon.

Chelsea @ 1.31

Newcastle United vs Charlton Athletic

Considering there is only a 3 point difference between these two clubs i am very suprised by how Generous the odds for Charlton are. They have probaly had the hardest schedule so far of all the premiership teams.

Last week they will feel they should of beaten Watford. This week i think they can over a very poor Newcastle team. Despite the rumours i think Ian Dowie is relatively safe in his job for the time being.

With Freddy Sheppard the chairman of Newcaslte, the same cant be said for Glenn Roeder. The last time they picked up at point was against Everton on the 24th of September. They could be missing some of their first team players

Late fitness tests will be given to Martins and Nicky Butt, while Emre and Siberski are both rated as doubtful.

Charlton will have a full squad to pick from. I think Charlton are good enough for the win. Charlton +1 is definitly worth a look

Charlton to win @ 5.70

Leeds United vs Southend United

Considering Southend have just beaten Leeds 3-1 at Ellen Road this probaly seems like a strange pick. But its amazing what a new manager will do.

Both teams are in the relegation zone with 10 points each. Leeds have lost the last four matches, just coming off a 5-1 spanking from Luton town. However earlier this week they announced that Dennis Wise would be taking over as Manager. Its often we see clubs who are struggling and a new manager comes in and suddenly things change.

A hooney moon period like Roy Keane had a Sunderland. I wouldnt be suprised the same happens to Wise. This is probaly one of the best fixtures for Wise to start off with.

Southen have won a championship match since the 19th of August. Lee Bradbury, Simon Francis, Billy Paynter, Spence Prior and Jamie-campbell Rice will miss the match for Southend to due suspension or injury

Leeds to win @ 2.00

Hull City vs Sunderland

Sunderland will travel to bottom of the league Hull City. For Hulls last win you have to go back to the 12th of September when they beat Sheffield Wednesday.

In Sunderlands last match they beat Barnsley 2-0. Previously they lost 2-1 to stoke and where hammered by Preston 4-1. If Keane wants to get Sunderland back to the Premiership they have to beat teams like Hull City.

Odds for the draw no bet are also worth looking at.

Sunderland to win @ 2.64

Swindon Town vs Lincoln City

Lincoln have scored 12 goals in the last two games. With their striker Jamie Forrester scoring a hatrick in each of the last two games. They are second in the league and a point ahead of the Swindon.

Swindon have just lost their management team of Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet who have gone to Leeds United. This is a good time to meet them. Still going to be a tough game for Lincoln, but for the odds on offer it is worth a small stake bet.

Squad wise Swindon will be without defender Jerel Ifil who is suspended for one match. Lincoln have a pretty much full strength squad.

Lincoln @ 3.05

Watford vs Spurs

Watford are still missing Marlon King. Spurs have virtually a full squad. They will be full of confidence after beat MK dons 5-0. With 3 of their strikers scoring.

Mido seems to be on flying form and was sorely missed by Spurs at the start of the season. This is one of the reasons they got off to a bad one. I expect them to get 3 points here at a struggling Watford.

Spurs @ 2.10

Hearts vs Dunfermline

I think we all the **** that has gone on with Hearts, it hit a new low now though. The players have come out and said the boardroom arent supportive enough.

Romanov has come out and said if his team dont beat dunfermline they will all be sold. MR Motivator has some serious competition. Unfortuantly Dunfernmline are cack. Their 2nd last in the SPL. 8.4 on betfair is mighty tempting.

But whats even more tempting is Dunfermline +1.5 @ 1.8

Best of luck tomorrow lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Nice write up Chucky, nice to see a bit of reasoning behind the picks. Pigheads doing a 6 team accumulator(Usually 4's me max) today but 2 of those are Draw No Bets so it isn't as dodgy as it looks.

Sheff Utd V Chelsea @2/7: An obvious one to start with. The blue juggurnaut. Sheffield Utd have lost 3 of their last 5 games and as expected are occupying the lower reaches of the table. Chelsea have Joe Cole back today and the 3 points look like a formality.

Exeter City V AFC Wimbledon@4/9 : Conference side Exeter play Rymans League AFC Wimbledon in the FA Cup today. That means Exeter are 2 leagues higher than their opponents. Exeter are doing alright in the conference and have lost just once in 9 games. They'll be desperate to repeat their heroic FA Cup run of 2005 when they held the mighty Manchester Utd scoreless at Old Trafford. 4/9 seems very generous.

Bolton V Man Utd @1/3(Draw No Bet): Not brave enough to go for the straight Utd win here. But I can't see them losing so the 1/3 draw no bet seems like a safe option. Bolton will miss Kevin Nolan and United will probably welcome back Ronaldo.United looked good last week against Liverpool and hopefully they can produce more of the same today.

Walsall V MK Dons @8/11: They say you should never bet against the Crazy Gang, well fcuk that, Pigheads betting against them twice today! Walsall are top the league, have won 6 out of their last(losing just once). MK Dons have leaked 8 goals in 2 games, (they were a shambles against Spurs on Wednesday)and have won just 1 in 5. After a decent start to the season they seem to be struggling at the minute.

Watford V Spurs @4/9(Draw No Bet): Another cop out from Pighead. Was seriously thinking of going for Spurs outright at evens but these are just the type of games that tend to fcuk up my accumulators. Gone for the safer draw no bet at 4/9 which is pretty decent value.

Glentoran V Donegal Celtic @1/4: As the skimpy odds indicate this should be a stroll in the park for Glentoran.The Glens are top of the league and have a 100% record this season.(P5, W5).They've played each other twice already this season, Glentoran winning 3-1 and 5-0).Nuff said!

Pigheads Saturday Accumulator:
    40 Points--Chelsea, Exeter, Walsall, Glentoran, Man Utd(Draw No Bet), Spurs(Draw No Bet). @ 6.72/1

10 Points-- Chelsea(-1)@5/6, Man Utd @ 5/6, Walsall HT-FT@15/8, East Fife@4/9 @13/1

Good Luck to Everybody on this Halloween Bank Holiday Weekend. Lets scare the fcuk out of those nasty bookies!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm with Chucky on all of those except Charlton, I think Newcastle will scrape a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Gonna have a few accs today - Villa are great value at 5-1 to beat the pool..
    1)Man U Win
    Arse Win
    Spurs Win
    Villa Win

2) Man U Win
    Arse Win
    Villa Draw
    Spurs Win

3) Man U Win
    Arse Win
    Chelsea win
    Tot Win
    Villa Win

4) Man U Win, Arse Win, Tot Win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Im gonna Try these:

Fulham V Wigan
    Porthsmouth V Reading
    Wolves v Sheff Wed
    Cardiff v Derby

{4 Home Wins} 100 will win me 1000, wish me luck :D

sorry bout no rite up on why...im to lazy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭The Cowboy

In future i`ll try to give write ups on my picks, but i just havent the time today.

Lucky63
    Bochum @2.25
    Bayern @1.25
    Limavady @1.9
    Ravenna @2
    PSV @1.36
    Besiktas @1.33

Lucky63
    Marseille @2.25
    Roda or Draw @1.4
    PSG @1.7
    Murcia @1.65
    Trabzonspor @1.4
    AZ @1.4

3Fold
    Ravenna, Marseille, Roda @ 10.66

3Fold
    Milan, Udinese, Murcia @ 11.15

Double
    Milan Derby Draw, Udine/Roma Draw @ 7.84

And i made another lucky63 out of a combination of Pighead and Chuckys picks...

Lucky63(I know this one is after-timing though)
    Exeter @1.5
    Walsall @1.72
    Spurs @ 2
    Man Utd @.183
    Lincoln or Draw @1.53
    Sunderland or Draw @ 1.44

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Chucky you can be annoying at the best of times and you regularly irritate my bowls but good luck with those selections. Like to see good write ups come to fruition.

Pighead, as usual, good write up...good luck with em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

haha, cheers fade.

Chelsea had a comfy 2-0 win. Hearts are 1 up, hopefully it stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wrote:

Pigheads Saturday Accumulator:
    40 Points--Chelsea:) , Exeter:) , Walsall:( , Glentoran:( , Man Utd(Draw No Bet):) , Spurs(Draw No Bet):) . @ 6.72/1

10 Points-- Chelsea(-1)@5/6:) , Man Utd @ 5/6:) , Walsall HT-FT@15/8:( , East Fife@4/9:) @13/1
    Bah Humbug. Pighead fails to heed the old "Never bet against the crazy gang" advice and pays dearly. Walsall drew 0-0 with them, hit the post late on but were outplayed apparently. Glentoran lost their 100% record by conceding a late equalizer.

Well done Chucky, some nice picks there.

Amount Staked:50 Points
    Profit: 0
    Loss: 50 Points

Advertisement