Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imaginings

Options
  • 27-10-2006 1:57pm

Sometimes I get lost in my own mind;
    That deep and dark cavern, as complex
    as any living thing.
    Neon lights flash;
    Their pale fluorescent glow
    Dimly lighting my path through
    This maze, forever cast in darkness.
    The quiet buzzing fills
    My mind with sound,
    Replacing all thoughts that came before it.
    Dreams float unimpeded past the
    Glowing fluorescent neon signs.
    The path not taken extends in front,
    My tired life falls behind.
    I see, well I think I see,
    A small child, like me in my youth,
    Beckoning me to come forward.
    I resist at first, that pale
    Fluorescent glow strangely attractive.
    Eventually I break and follow.
    Glorious sunshine fills my world
    All impurities vanish.
    All past hatreds, all past fears... no longer.
    I'm free!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm not entirely sure about the line breaks, they seem a little too deliberate and don't flow as well as I feel they might, if they were more natural. Also, I understand the use of fluorescent to be repetition, but I think there might have been better ways of saying what you're saying if a different word was used.

I think it has potential though.

(I'm starting a new trend. If I open a thread and read someone's work, I'm commenting, unless they ask for no comments. I feel it's only fair that an audience should share their opinion. I hope it doesn't offend anyone! :) I just know how disheartening it is to post something hoping someone will say something that lets you know what they think, and lots of people look, but nobody posts. :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

Please tell us what this poem is about and also what inspired you to write it.

Advertisement