Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Handicaps

Options
  • 27-10-2006 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

A couple of interesting handicaps here this weekend.

I fancy :
    Castres @ -18pts ( castres have bonus point already and will give this one a good go - if they dont get bonus win they are gone)

Ulster @ +4pts ( potential open game with high scores - close one)
    Ospreys @ +14pts ( Ospreys will be happy with a bonus point loss and may stop stade from doing too much damage)
    Bourgoin @ +25pts ( likely to be a wet day to make try scoring more difficult. Bourgoin will give it a lash for first 15 mins each half but no more than that)

Dont fancy:
    Sale @-30pts ( again bad weather forecast)
    Wasps +5 pts ( Perpignan at home always difficult)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

You can get Ulster +5 with some bookies. Will be a tough game, but I think they'll win it.

I'd be wary of the Munster game. Bourgoin were by all accounts woeful at home last week and would have been whitewashed but for a last gasp try. Munster wouldn't be free-scoring but if Bourgoin don't come to fight then they could be annihilated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ah excellent! A bit of Rugby knowledge about the place. Best of luck with your bets men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Roy Was Right

Right - will try again after a mixed performance last weekend.

The Celtic League is a bit tricky because of all the international call ups, but might be a bit of over doing it in the handicaps by some bookmakers.

I think Edinburgh @-4pts is a good bet, Cardiff are missing a few internationals and have had put in a lot if effort in the HEC over the last 2 weeks, so this game might be a game too far.

Australia @+2 pts is a great offer. Wales will probably take a while to settle while even though the Aussies are experimenting with positions they should be too good out wide.

New Zealand @-13pts. Dont think much analysis needed here. England have a few rookies and the second/third string All blacks are probably the second best team in the world

One I am not so sure of is Ulster @-16pts. Ulster missing a few important players but Borders are not as bad as yo may think.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

Does anyone else think that Australia -7 against Scotland is very short, Scotland are without White & Cussiter and Aus are under pressure with a point to prove as they only have beaten Italy on this tour so far.

I know Scotland have been playing well but I would have thought Aus would be closer to -14.

Also South Africa +4 doesn't look too bad as England seemed poxed to win last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Roy Was Right

I agree completely with you on Australia. I think thats a great bet. Scotland are missing a few and didnt seem too clinical against the Islands last week. Boyles are offering evens on that handicap.

I also think France at -9 are worth a punt. Argentina have proabably had enough at this stage and France could come out to play this week after the conversative stuff of the last 2 weeks against NZ.

• Advertisement
Advertisement