Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flopping the nut straight

Options
  • 27-10-2006 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Home game cash 7 players €1/2

UTG raises to 8 three limpers to me in the BB I call for 6 more with 34s

flop comes A25 two spades giving me the nut straight and OESFD

SB checks

Me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

info on villain?? is he loose or tight preflop or postflop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Scouser in Dub

PFR likes to make moves without really knowing why, will get involved but back off if he thinks he is beat his preflop raising range from utg is JJ+ A10+ the limpers like to play pots and drink beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Kamaldihnio

You are massive. C

Check flop wait for bet flat call. Depending on no flush draws or paired boards check turn, wait for bet flat call. Check river, wait for bet and reraise at the end.

Home game tactics at their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

You are massive. C

Check flop wait for bet flat call. Depending on no flush draws or paired boards check turn, wait for bet flat call. Check river, wait for bet and reraise at the end.

I disagree. If you check call the flop and a third spade arrives, thats all you're getting. also I can't see him betting the flop/turn/river for you. And certainly don't check the nuts on the river, as he'll most likely check behind (well if hes any good).

I would throw out a bet on the flop (about 2/3) pot and hope he comes over the top. You want to make the pot big here, not keep it small. If its not all in on the flop, lead the turn for 1/2 pot and something similar on the river.

careca wrote:
    I disagree. If you check call the flop and a third spade arrives, thats all you're getting. also I can't see him betting the flop/turn/river for you. And certainly don't check the nuts on the river, as he'll most likely check behind (well if hes any good).

I would throw out a bet on the flop (about 2/3) pot and hope he comes over the top. You want to make the pot big here, not keep it small. If its not all in on the flop, lead the turn for 1/2 pot and something similar on the river.

This isnt the world series man, this is a home game where people are drinking beer and you are playing your crappy mates. My way is gud. How anyone can look for feedback from a hand in a home game is beyond me (you wanna check out our home games) If it wasnt a home game id play different, obviously!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

You are massive. C

Lol. I wouldnt play it like that in a homegame or anywhere else for that matter. Bet 1/2 - 3/4 pot on flop and hope he has a big ace to pay you off with.

It wasn't so much the fact that it was a home game Kamaldihnio and I wasn't after advice as such. Anyway I can hardly look for advice when the game is 18 hours gone.

What I was interested in was which way in any game people thought the best way to build the pot was. I was also concerned that had the flush arrived I had the lowest flush possible. The PFR and I both had about 200 behind before the hand and while dropping it all would not have been disasterous I still prefer to have made a few quid from the game.

As it was I lead for €30 Euro the PFR calls the limpers fold and the turn comes a 8d

I lead for 60 into the PFR who mucks. The question was could I have extracted more by checking into him on the flop and turn.

OK fair enough, I'm thinking of my home games where everyone bets on K high when there is a Ace on the board, people start throwing things at each other and hell breaks loose. For the last time and the record, I would never play a hand like I advised in this thread earlier.

Well maybe in a home game when beer etc is involved.

see no wonder you enjoy that club where they start to get angry if you attempt to pot properly

I would probably play there if my home games ended up like that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

It wasn't so much the fact that it was a home game Kamaldihnio and I wasn't after advice as such. Anyway I can hardly look for advice when the game is 18 hours gone.

What I was interested in was which way in any game people thought the best way to build the pot was. I was also concerned that had the flush arrived I had the lowest flush possible. The PFR and I both had about 200 behind before the hand and while dropping it all would not have been disasterous I still prefer to have made a few quid from the game.

As it was I lead for €30 Euro the PFR calls the limpers fold and the turn comes a 8d

I lead for 60 into the PFR who mucks. The question was could I have extracted more by checking into him on the flop and turn.

Unless villain is a calling station, I would check the turn here and hope he'll represent the Ace, then go into the tank and call representing the FD and hope it doesn't hit (if we put him on a FD, he's drawing to only 5 outs. If the As falls, all your birthdays have come together!).
    I would then lead a blank river looking like a busted draw. You've shown a lot of weakness, he'll likely come over the top.

CRAI is also an option on 4th st, but I reckon the above line has a higher EV.

edit: Your flop play was good, sandbagging on this flop in a multiway pot is a criminal offence. Lead, lead lead.

• Advertisement

Dont mind me, hahahahah! Thats funny!

Advertisement