Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Mags/Sites do you read?

Options
  • 26-10-2006 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

So with all the talk of how sh*te hotpress and NME are (most of which has been said I do agree with) I'm wondering what sites or mags do ye all go for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

www.pitchforkmedia.com although it can annoy me at times...

also read www.brooklynvegan.com - it's a pretty good music blog as is www.puddlegum.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

I look up www.drownedinsound.com and magazine wise I subscribe to magnet magazine its really good for people who are on this forum www.magnetmagazine.com its only $25 a year for 6 issues each with a cd and you also get a free cd when you subscribe or renew:) used to get vox years ago it was good for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

I use to read Uncut and that introduced me to a lot of great bands and singer songwriters,however now it's kind of monotonous and im sick of their worship on the big big names like bob dylan and the beatles every month relentlessly they never put a band on the cover unless they have sold at least a million albums!,pitchforkmedia is handy for a quick look at a review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

The Wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

goo wrote:
    The Wire

nice front cover this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Foggy Notions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

www.cluas.com - its an irish webzine

but of course Planet Sound on teletext is where its at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

http://www.metacritic.com/music/

This site collects the reviews from around the web .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    nice front cover this month.

<3 Joanna Newsom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

:rolleyes: Yes a classical beauty she is ,,,( Glad I just renewed me subs to it ).

New album (Ys) is great ,,, !
    Nice production and help by Van Dyke Parks and Jim O'Rourke.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

I use to read Uncut and that introduced me to a lot of great bands and singer songwriters,however now it's kind of monotonous and im sick of their worship on the big big names like bob dylan and the beatles every month relentlessly they never put a band on the cover unless they have sold at least a million albums!,pitchforkmedia is handy for a quick look at a review.

Uncut is the only one I buy regularly. The free cd is usually decent. Would agree with the cover/main feature always being on the same few artists..u2/stones/dylan/boss/clash:mad: Would have a browse over mojo/hotpress/Q but rarely buy.
    online allmusic.com and pitchfork

• Registered Users Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭mada999

used to purchase melody maker many moons ago..dont buy any now......

Advertisement