Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struugling for breath

Options
  • 25-10-2006 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Sometimes when I'm lying in bed about to fall asleep, I suddenly find myself struggling to breath. It's difficult to describe, I feel as though my heart is about to stop and I suddenly gasp for air. Then my heart starts racing and I become so aware of my heartbeat that I start to panic and my chest hurts. I find that this tends to happen after a heavy weekend but it happened last night and I had an early night. I'm not sure if I'm giving a clear enough picture of what I mean but it's starting to scare me and is affecting my sleep so any advice or shared experoence would be appreciated.

I smoke about 10 a day aswell, more at the weekend. Also, this will probably sound weird but I'm always quite aware of my heartbeat and can only sleep on my righthand side....strange, I know....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Should probably see your GP as soon as you can if its really worrying you, some peace of mind at lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yes, see your doctor please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement