Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carling Cup Wednesday

Options
  • 25-10-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭

What's everyone on? I've gone for the following treble, all away but decent return.

Man United @ 4/11
    Portsmouth @ 2/1
    Bolton @ 6/4

€30 on it for a return of €306.83, just over 9/1.

Great price for Pompey IMO as let's call a spade a spade, Newcastle are ****e. Also a decent price for Bolton considering the recent form of both themselves and Charlton.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Great prices. Might have a few quid on that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

not a bad bet, where did you get them odds?

T.Sc.

Sorry, just seen your post. They're at PP but would imagine most bookies offering similar, just happens to be my local so haen't shopped around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

Just copied ur bet. we better win!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

looks like a good one.. got stung last night tho so wary.. Might throw few quid on..What about adding Spurs in there..
    The only problem is thats only to go thru during 90 mins and if goes to extra time we lose..Thats what hate about cup betting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Newcastle V Portsmouth: Going against the crowd here. Rossi starts and he tends to play well in the Carling Cup, Dyer is fit again and will play some part in the game. Also Newcastle beat Portsmouth 2-0 at St James Park last season in the league. They haven't beaten Newcastle in the last 5 games between the sides. Pigheads taking Newcastle at 11/10 to bt Harrys boys.

Charlton V Bolton: Going for Charlton again tonight (after they let down Pigheads weekend bet. Bolton are missing their main man Nolan and Allardyce is sure to be resting most of his big names with Manchester Utd visiting the REebok Stadium on Saturday. Charlton are 8/5

10 Points: Charlton Newcastle Double @4.45/1
    5 Points Double: Rossi to score in 90 minutes @5/2, Newcastle(-1)@7/2= 14.75/1
    3 Points Newcastle to win 2-0 @9/1
    2 Points Newcastel to win 3-1 @20/1

Pighead wrote:
    Newcastle V Portsmouth: Going against the crowd here. Rossi starts and he tends to play well in the Carling Cup, Dyer is fit again and will play some part in the game. Also Newcastle beat Portsmouth 2-0 at St James Park last season in the league. They haven't beaten Newcastle in the last 5 games between the sides. Pigheads taking Newcastle at 11/10 to bt Harrys boys.

Charlton V Bolton: Going for Charlton again tonight (after they let down Pigheads weekend bet. Bolton are missing their main man Nolan and Allardyce is sure to be resting most of his big names with Manchester Utd visiting the REebok Stadium on Saturday. Charlton are 8/5

Hey, Pighead, wanna get your tips in earlier so I know not to bet against you?
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

[QUOTE=Pighead
    [/QUOTE]
    If you're going to put tips up on message boards at least try and get the correct scores right - people might lose money on your crap predictions:D
    What can I say, apart from the fact that I never bet on Carling cup (too many bad experiences), the man is in superlative form at present!!
    I wouldn't have thought that too many bookies would lay the double of Rossi to score and Newcastle (-1), with it being a dependent bet, who laid that for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Glenbhoy wrote:
    If you're going to put tips up on message boards at least try and get the correct scores right - people might lose money on your crap predictions:D
    What can I say, apart from the fact that I never bet on Carling cup (too many bad experiences), the man is in superlative form at present!!
    I wouldn't have thought that too many bookies would lay the double of Rossi to score and Newcastle (-1), with it being a dependent bet, who laid that for you?

now now, dont be taking the piss out of pigheads misfortune,a bit unlucky some would say;)

That's some good going I have to say. I got 0 out of 3. Not sure what's worse, failing miserably or a 93rd minute equaliser to balls you up. Pompey better do better (is that poor grammar?) on Saturday, picked them in last man standing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Glenbhoy wrote:
    Alas the Glenbhoy does speaketh the truth. Thats the second time this year Pigheads made that mistake. Ah sure I'll give it in tomorrow and maybe i'll get lucky with a dumb cashier. Almost a cracking night, that late goal for Newcastle cost me 30 quid. Still a night of profit on a Carling Cup coupon is never bad.
    Pighead wrote:

20 Points Staked:
    54.45 Returned
    39.45 Profit (Including 5 quid void bet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

Collie D wrote:
    What's everyone on? I've gone for the following treble, all away but decent return.

Man United @ 4/11
    Portsmouth @ 2/1
    Bolton @ 6/4

€30 on it for a return of €306.83, just over 9/1.

Great price for Pompey IMO as let's call a spade a spade, Newcastle are ****e. Also a decent price for Bolton considering the recent form of both themselves and Charlton.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(

Advertisement