Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSA for 2005 - can I make a higher contribution than the tax limit?

Options
  • 24-10-2006 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Just about to take out a PRSA for 2005. I've already been Revenue assessed for the 2005 tax year which allows for a contribution up to the Revenue limit for tax relief. My question is: is it possible to make a payment over and above this tax relief limit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mckers

of course.... you are obviously aware of the tax relief limits based on age. You can make a pension contribution up until 31 October (if paper filing your tax return) or 16 November if paying and filing on ROS. You can make a pension contributon for whatever amount you want, the excess of the pension contribution for which you cannot claim tax relief on your 2005 tax return can be claimed in 2006 and subsequent years

Advertisement