Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bizzare connection / disconnection problem with World of Warcraft

Options
  • 24-10-2006 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

I have had a strange problem occur on two nights int he last 3 weeks

I log on to world of warcraft and can get into my account page no problem

I go to log in to my realm and once I get in all teh characters come up as "unknown" and I can move around int he world but cannot interact with anything - its eems to me like the connection is enough for the game not to auto log me out but is not passign through enough data to allow me do anything

I disable all add-ons an its stillt he same

If I alt tab out of it I have no internet conenction either - pings time out, web pages done display etc

If i end the game (can only do it through ctrl-alt-delte and end program) I can log back in on a different realm no problem

How can the realm itself knock out my whole internet connection?

Or is is a throttled connection from the BB company? soemthing to do with contention ratio's maybe?

Its crap - cos I can;t get onto either WoW technical support OR the broadband company cos both wills ay its the other....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Have you tried disabling your firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

nope - but what i dont get is that ive made no changes and it works the rest of the time - why would it suddenly not work? and then a day later work again? it does sound kinda firewally alrite, except for the fact ive nto changed any firewall settings to suddenly make it not work....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

If it only happens in one realm and the other realms are fine then contact the makers and tell them this.

Then they can't say its the broadband provider. Try an almost identical realm if you can. Same size, features or whatever (I don't know, I don't play WOW).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

iw ould reckon its realm problem alrite - thankfully its gone..

wonder how it manages to crap out my entire connection though :S

thansk for the suggestions folks :)

Advertisement