Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Rush [Disco Set] @ EC - Thursday Nov 2

Options
  • 24-10-2006 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

nov2djrush.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭electric city

Thursday November 2nd at Wax

DJ Rush [Kne' Deep / Trax - Chicago] Classic House & Disco Set
    DJ Simon Conway [Electric City]

Admission 10 euro - Tickets available from Selectah Records / www.tickets.ie

This Thursday gives rise to a very rare occasion of an intimate house and disco set from DJ Rush in Electric City. Many people don't know it but before he hit it big on the international techno circuit, Rush was an underground legend in Chicago. He was known for his blazin' disco sets. It's not often he plays those sets these days but he loved his last time in Electric City so much that he wanted to return to play a disco set in a small club with killer atmosphere that he said reminded him of parties back in Chicago. We were more than happy to oblige and this is part 1 of a weekend with DJ Rush. This is going to be an amazing trip down the classic influences from disco and house that give the Chicago sound it's unique identity. Tickets for Wax are very limited and are priced at only e10 and currently available now from Selectah and online at www.tickets.ie - don't delay !

In 1989 Rush had his first residency in a club called the Reactor in Chicago playing 70's disco for a crowd of 800, including 10 hour non-stop sets for party kids. He then continued to play for the famous Medusa club, Power House, Music Box, and Warehouse. Quickly becoming a central figure in Chicago's house scene, Rush's uniqueness and individuality has always been portrayed in his productions and djing. "Not letting the music control me, but letting the music guide me"

The 6'6" giants' open minded attitude to life is: Take me for what I am or don't take me at all. Born in Chicago (USA), he grew up on the South Side and started to party at a very young age, immediately picking up on the fever of the music. He would attend clubs like The Ringzone, Playground, The Candystore and The Music Box. Before he began playing gigs in Chicago, he started making tracks in his bedroom with his friends' sinsonic drums. In Rushs' own words, "It's always important and interesting to make music according to your feelings and experiences"

Opening up proceedings will be DJ Simon Conway playing some disco and Chicago jams to get the party moving.

E - C - S - C - O

========================
    EC Ticket Bureau @ Selectah Records / www.tickets.ie

Thursday November 2nd at Electric City

DJ Rush **Disco Set [Kne' Deep - Chicago]
    DJ Simon Conway [Electric City]

Doors 11PM / Tickets e10
    ========================
    Electric Shock #6
    Friday November 3rd at Temple Bar Music Centre

Kne' Deep Records Party:

DJ Rush [Kne' Deep - Chicago]
    DJ Bold [Kne' Deep - Berlin]
    Rian Ryan [Electric City]

Doors 11PM / Tickets e20
    ========================
    Electric Shock #7
    Saturday December 16th at Temple Bar Music Centre

Electric Shock Christmas Party:

Hardfloor - LIVE [Cocoon - Düsseldorf]
    Alexander Robotnick [Fuzz Dance - Florence]
    Dan Power [Electric City]

Doors 11PM / Tickets e20
    ========================

Thursday December 21st @ Electric City

Chris Liebing [CLR - Frankfurt]
    Eddie Brennan [Electric City]

Doors 11PM / Tickets e15
    ========================
    Electric City
    Thursdays @ Wax
    Powerscourt Townhouse
    Sth William Street. Dublin 2.
    Doors 11 until 2.30
    Music: Minimal / Italo / Techno
    Membership at www.electricity-dublin.com
    Supported by Tiger Beer - www.tigerbeer.ie
    ========================

ECNov_06_banner.gif

========================
    To subscribe to the Electric City members list send a mail with 'subscribe' in the Subject field to: electricitypromotions@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭electric city

Yo,

Rushmania kicks off tomorrow night at Electric City when the big man drops in for a very rare disco set. Underneath are the set times and six tunes to listen out for from support DJ, DJ Simon Conway. There are still some tickets available from Selectah Records and tickets.ie priced 10 euro.

Cheers

E - C - S - C - O

Set times:

12.30 - Finish -- DJ Rush
    Rushnew5small.jpg

11.00 - 12.30 -- DJ Simon Conway
    DJSimonConway-1.jpg

The Sequence - Funk You Up [Sugar Hill Records]
    Romanthony - Bring You Up [Black Male]
    Ice T - The Coldest Rap [Saturn]
    Soundstream - Makin' Love [Sound Stream]
    The Trammps - Rubber Band (Mr. L Edit) [Editions Disco]
    Phantom Slasher - Your Wistful Sigh [Noid]

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

****e venue.wanker doormen,crazy que for unisex jax,one barman
    and dear booze(when u can get it)........

pity cus electric city are best promoters in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

i like wax. much more than Traffic anyway. Doormen can be cheeky bastards alright sometimes. dont know what to make of them, one minute they're grand, the next they're trying to make fun of you and look hard to the other bouncers. i saw 2 barmen whenever i tried getting a drink, u must have went at a bad time. Jax aint the greatest situation alright but ive never had to wait anymore than 3 minutes to get in and at least they're in good condition unlike most clubs in town. yeah poty about the price of booze, suppose its in a good area in town so its gona reflect that unfortunately. and wot u doing up at 5am lol!

Advertisement