Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner Drumkit

Options
  • 24-10-2006 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey everybody, I was thinking of starting drums and was just wondering what kind of money a decent kit would be for a complete beginner.

Also would it be better to buy new or second hand?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Peavey international series 2. I got mine for 400 new and then I bought a second hand kit off demeantor on boards. It was an aria which i would not reccommend as the cymbals and hats are crap but the peavey is a very good kit imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

You could probably get something decent enough for around €500. Get a 5 piece kit (2 toms, 1 floor tom, 1 snare, 1 bass drum). A set of beginner cymbals like Sabian B8 or Paiste PST3 would be good (14" Hi-hats, 16" Crash, 20" Ride cymbal). A bass drum pedal that won't fall apart is important.

But bear in mind that if your beginning you don't want to spend too much to begin with, so as long as you got at least hi-hats and a crash cymbal (and the stands of course, which may come with the kits).

Apart from that, definately get lessons for the first year at least, they'll really stand to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Sabian do a grand B8 set with all you need to start - hihats, ride, crash.

Something like a second-hand pearl forum or something of that ilk would be a nice starter kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Thesis

Thanks for the replys gonna do some more research and go get me a drumkit:)

Advertisement