Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My (almost) New Bass

Options
  • 24-10-2006 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Just had these pics sent to me by Rob at Status Graphite. I just have to transfer the money tomorrow and it's mine. It's headless by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nice, ever closer to mark King, eh? ;)

The Modulus didn't work out for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow, that looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Doctor J wrote:
    Nice, ever closer to mark King, eh? ;)

The Modulus didn't work out for you?

The modulus was a great bass and gave me a taste for the graphite. Its just I can't afford more than 1 good bass at a time and so I sold it on. I let it go for a bargain price of €1000.00 aswell.

Ah well, ever onwards, eh? What are the electronics in that bad boy?

Doctor J wrote:
    Ah well, ever onwards, eh? What are the electronics in that bad boy?

It's 3-band EQ with variable midrange frequency. 18V power supply. It's mostly walnut with a mahogony centre block and and ash back.

• Advertisement

Good stuff. Looks like a keeper. What make you go with a headless layout?

So I can be like Mark King of course!:D Nah, I thought it would be a change and because it's so compact, I can buy a small gig-bag for it. Not for a while though as this has broke the bank. Should have this by the end of next week at the latest.

Cool. Nice one man, I'd say that bass kicks many an arse. The wait will be a killer, just been through it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Waiting for instruments is like... well.. I can't even think of anything bad enough to compare it with. It's torturous. Still waiting til November for my orange machine.

Jaco, those basses don't normally do it for me but that looks killer. I've suddenly got a hankering for a headless bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Altoid

Stick with the nice JayDee you have a loan of!

Seriously - glad Rob was able to sort you out. The walnut looks nice - should sound great. Looking forward to trying it out and comparing it.

- Altoid.

• Advertisement

Altoid wrote:
    Stick with the nice JayDee you have a loan of!

Seriously - glad Rob was able to sort you out. The walnut looks nice - should sound great. Looking forward to trying it out and comparing it.

- Altoid.

Cheers Rob. The Jay Dee you gave me is a beaut. Real classic sound out of it. Looking forward to using it on thursday and friday. I was talking to Dawn and I was telling roughly what I wanted. Then I asked if they had anything in stock and they sent me these pretty pictures. I can get the bendwell neck when I have the money and perhaps the LEDs. s2bon4hlwal1.jpg

See if you need the bendwell first. If you don't need to bend the harmonics and are OK with the 34" scale (normal long scale) then don't bother.

LEDs are nice, but don't make you sound better, they do make you more visible when you make mistakes though - trust me.

It's actually the exact one listed as sold on the website. Turns out it wasn't sold. Mind you, who'd wanna buy this disgusting piece of filth?s2bon4hlwal3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

God that thing is SEXY, who makes that bass? how much is it setting you back?

Patricide wrote:
    God that thing is SEXY, who makes that bass? how much is it setting you back?
    Status-Graphite based in Essex make the bass. It cost me €2000.00. Check out the website www.status-graphite.com

Arrive this morning and it's beautiful. I kept lowering the action and still no fretbuzz or dead notes. I love graphite!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You know the rules! New gear = mandatory pictures!

feylya wrote:
    You know the rules! New gear = mandatory pictures!
    Ah sure why not!

And one for good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

My god that looks sexy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Waaay nice, headless and a smart-looking body. That was the only thing that I hated about my Steinberger, the little boxy body. Great acquisition, Jaco!

Glad to hear it arrived in one piece and that you like the beast.

How did the stand in bass work in a gig?

Altoid wrote:
    Glad to hear it arrived in one piece and that you like the beast.

How did the stand in bass work in a gig?
    The jaydee was great although I nearly collapsed halfway through the set with the weight of it. My general exhaustion and a few beers had alot to do with that also. Much more of a boomier sound then I thought it would be. I left it in it's passive state and worked really well for the fingerstlye stuff. I tend to cut the mids for slap and it kinda disappeared when I did that.

Advertisement