Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do about her?

Options
  • 24-10-2006 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a regular so I'm going unreg'd for this.
    I need some advice about a girl. I'm a guy in my early twenties in college. I've never
    really had any trouble with my confidence with girls before. I'm well able to score in
    clubs and have gone out with a few girls too. But then I met this new girl.

I've known her for about a year now, but we don't really hang out much (she's
    related to one of my best friends) so I see her around campus alot. But I've never
    met a girl like her before and the thing is that she seems to really like me too but I
    can't be sure. My problem is that we're never really alone together so I can never
    say how I feel, and the times that we are alone together its never the right time. And
    of course then when I think about it, what would I say to her if I did get a chance?
    "Hey, guess what? I've got a crush on you?" Arggg, this is driving me crazy, I really
    like this girl but I can't do anything about it. Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

NoClue wrote:
    I'm a regular so I'm going unreg'd for this.
    I need some advice about a girl. I'm a guy in my early twenties in college. I've never
    really had any trouble with my confidence with girls before. I'm well able to score in
    clubs and have gone out with a few girls too. But then I met this new girl.

I've known her for about a year now, but we don't really hang out much (she's
    related to one of my best friends) so I see her around campus alot. But I've never
    met a girl like her before and the thing is that she seems to really like me too but I
    can't be sure. My problem is that we're never really alone together so I can never
    say how I feel, and the times that we are alone together its never the right time. And
    of course then when I think about it, what would I say to her if I did get a chance?
    "Hey, guess what? I've got a crush on you?" Arggg, this is driving me crazy, I really
    like this girl but I can't do anything about it. Any advice?

2 options here;

1 - Tell her how you feel and stop think "its not the right time" at least you'll know if she feels the same.

2 - Sit back, watch her get close to someone else and wonder what if....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

I agree.
    If it doesn't seem to work into the conversation, steer the conversation in that direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Laura Fitz06

why dont ya give flirty at 8.30 a ring its on every norning on q fm all u do is give them her phone number they ring and u ask her out they pay for the dinner. you could get her number easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ah....now thats something I forgot about, what if she goes off with someone else....

Well I guess I'm afraid I'm gonna sound silly really. What do girls think if a guy just brings it up in conversation that he likes her. The awkward silence that follows. You're right, I have to do something its just easier said than done.

The handiest thing for me would be to tell her in a club, but it would have to be on her own, and not with her relation hanging off her who always seams to be around her lately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

NoClue wrote:
    But I've never met a girl like her before and the thing is that she seems to really like me too but I can't be sure.

Barring personalities and varying degrees of looks, all girls are the same. They come equipped with heads, torso's, breasts, arms, legs, vagina's, buttocks and hands. Whats so special about this one?

Kells standard response-

Step 1) Remove finger from rear end
    Step 2) Ask her out for a drink so theres no confusion of intent
    Step 3) Deal with consequences

Simple.

K-

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

When talking to her next ask if she wants to go for a drink/coffee, then leave all the other stuff until then. Good luck, and come back if you need more help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Kell wrote:
    Barring personalities and varying degrees of looks, all girls are the same. They come equipped with heads, torso's, breasts, arms, legs, vagina's, buttocks and hands. Whats so special about this one?

Kells standard response-

Simple.

K-

Kell, as always love your simplicity... and OP he is right, get your finger and ask.. if your not in ya cant win! What have you got to lose? As you have said you dont hang around with her a lot and you jsut see her around campus...

go on give it a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Silences are only awkward if you feel awkward, otherwise they're just silences.

If you're in college and you see her around surely you can just go for coffee with her and hang. Then, progress it to an evening interaction/agree to meet up at one of the many college parties soc's host.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

just go for it. you said you don't hang out much so if everything doesn't go to plan you won't be caught everyday with an awkward situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

jules80 wrote:
    Kell, as always love your simplicity... and OP he is right,

Schnookums.

K-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

You dont have to come out and say "I like you", just ask her out for a movie or a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Kell wrote:
    Are you a programmer by any chance?

Advertisement