Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions

Options
  • 24-10-2006 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Royal Assassin
    I tap it to destroy target creature. But my oppent taps my creature with an icy. Cause i did mine first does it mean i do not kill the creature ?

Also the other way round. He taps my creature and then i use my Royal ability to destroy a taped creature ?

Just want to know what wins ?

Also another question is that im in my main phase. Then i go to attack phase i tap my creature to attack at this moment he taps his icy and there for my guy cant attack. ?

Also he is in his attack phase. And attacks with a creature. Then i go to declare my blockers and as i do he says i tap my blocker so i cant make him a blocker. ?

It has been a long time since i played this game i cant remeber all the rules. And i think me and others are playing it wrong.

Thanks
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

1. the tap ability of assain is a cost,so you tap it then your opponent gets a chance to respond,so if they try and tap your assassin it is too late.

2. the game works like this:

untap phase

upkeep

draw phase

main phase

combat phase

at the start of the cmbat phase (before you declare attackers)
    all players have a chance to cast spells/use abilities,so your opponent can tap your creature before it attacks.

however,once you tap your creatures to show who is attacking,tapping it with icy wont have an effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

When you tap your assassin you put the kill ability on the stack, there is nothing the icy manipulator can do to prevent the kill. If he targets your assassin first you can just use the assassin's ability in response and still get your kill in. Either way your assassin gets the kill in.

The only way the outcome can be changed is if he uses a spell to change the target of a spell or ability or if he uses a card like timestop that removes everything from the stack.

For the attacking question:

When you're entering your attack phase just say "i enter my attack phase, any effects?" If he says no then you're free to declare attackers. If you now tap a creature to attack he can't say "oh i tap him with the icy manipulator", it's too late, he has now been declared as an attacker and there's nothing the icy manipulator can do about it, he should have declared it as you enter your attack phase.

Same for blockers, once you declare a blocker that's that, he's a blocker and the icy can't change that, he has to tap the target creature before you declare your blockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Ok guys thanks for that. That clears things up which i was not 2 sure about. Well i got done in today then while playing my game. I knew the rules but was not that sure if i was correct or wrong. But next time :P

Just another question now that i think of it.

I have Mishra's Factory. My oppent attacks with 2 creatures and in my block phase i turn my 2 lands into creatures by paying the one mana each for them. And make them blockers just wondering am i doing that right ? Or should i have turned them into creatures before he attacked ? and then make them blockers.

Also in that same game when i turned them into blockers my friend tapped them this was ones again in my block stage. I was telling him he was doing it wrong but his a guy who thinks he knows everything about magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

BadCharlie wrote:
    Just another question now that i think of it.

I have Mishra's Factory. My open attacks with 2 creatures and in my block phase I turn my 2 lands into creatures by paying the one mana each for them. And make them blockers just wondering am I doing that right? Or should I have turned them into creatures before he attacked? And then make them blockers.

Also in that same game when I turned them into blockers my friend tapped them this was ones again in my block stage. I was telling him he was doing it wrong but his a guy who thinks he knows everything about magic.
      Combat Phase
    1. Beginning of Combat Step - Nothing special happens here.
      If you want to attack with Factory animate it now. If you want to stop an opponent's creature attacking, tap it now
    2. Declare Attackers Step - As soon as the game transitions into this step the turn player must immediately decide which of his or her untapped creatures will be attacking. This happens before either player gets priority (the chance to play spells/abilities) so if you want to attack with your Mishra's Factory it had better already be a creature!
      If you want to attack with Factory animate it now. If you want to stop an opponent's creature attacking, tap it now
    3. Declare Blockers Step - As soon as the game enters this step the non-active player must immediately assign blockers from among his untapped creatures in play. Again this happens before either player gets priority so if you want to block with your Factory you had better animate it back in the Declare Attackers Step.

Once a creature has been assigned as a blocker, that's it, the attacker is blocked. As long as both creatures remain in play (tapped or untapped) until the beginning of the Combat Damage Step they will be dealing/taking damage from each other.

4. Combat Damage Step - For another post.
    5. End of Combat Step - The End.

This post was brought to you courtesy of bulleted lists, numbered lists and indents. Ftw.

• Advertisement

Cool thanks for that Farcear much appreciate.

Another question.

I never came across this type of card "indestructable". So im asking how the hell do you get rid of these guys ?

My old wrath of god does not work? right ?
    Also can a creature regenerate from a wrath of god. Back in the old days my wrath of god says bury all creatures. Now it says destroy.

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Nowadays wrath of god says "Destroy all creatures, they cannot be regenerated." Its the same functionality but has removed the keyword bury as it is a little vague.

Indestructible cards are quitet he nuisance alright. They dont regenerate they are just immune to destruction. Be that "destroy target X" or having 0 health when changing phases.

The main way for dealing with them is to remove them from the game. Failing that, returning them to the owners hand can be useful too as indestructable cards tend to have very high mana costs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Wrath of God's official text says "destroy all creatures. they can't be regenerated". So creatures can't be regenerated.

As for indestructible creatures, the only way to get rid of them is
    1) Remove them from the game (eg condemn)
    2) Get your opponent to sacrifice them (eg Cruel Edict)
    3) Get their toughness less than 1 (eg Sudden death, last gasp)

Thanks guys! i c both off yee must have been typing at the same time :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement