Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 24th Oct Footie Picks

Options
  • 24-10-2006 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

My picks for today:

Chesterfield v West Ham @ 4 - 6
    Leicester v Aston Villa @ 5 - 6
    West Brom v Arsenal @ 5 - 6
    Everton v Luton @ 4 - 11

Nothing very surprising but I'm happy enough

Good Luck to all,

Q

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

im gonna try these:

Chesterfield V West Ham DRAW
    Lille V Rennes HOME WIN

5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Wasn't gonna bother with tonight but its dead quiet in work so may as well do something for a bit of interest later on. Keeping it at small stakes though as Cup Football is a minefield.

Tuesdays Treble:
    Saarbruken V Greuther Furth @11/10: Bet of the night for Pighead! German cup tie here and unlike in England the Germans tend to take their cup competitions very seriously and they tend to play their best team. Greuther Furth play in the German 2nd Division while Saarbruken play in the lower Regional Sud Division. Greuther are in decent form having won 3 of their last 5 matches. Saarbruken are struggling. Just a point away from the relegation zone having won none of their last 5 games(3 draws 2 loses including a 4-0 hiding on Saturday). The clincher for me is their key player Hadji is suspended. Away win for me at a nice price.

Chesterfield V West Ham @4/6: Poor old Alan Pardew is having a bit of a mare this season and judging by the squad hes picked for this hes determined to get a win tonight to get some much needed confidence back. Theres 2 divisions between these sides and the Hammers almost at full strength have no excuses tonight. Chesterfield are no great shakes and their recent form is poor(W1 D1 L3). They're also missing a regular defender through injury(Picken). Hammers for me.

Derry City V Shelbourne @8/13(Draw No Bet): Should be a cracking game tonight at the Brandywell and I reckon there will be only two possible outcomes. A Derry win or a draw. Can't see Shels pulling off an away win and even though they might say otherwise they will be very happy with the draw. The last 5 games between the sides have produced a victory each and 3 draws. But 4 of those 5 were in Tolka Park. And I think its fair to say that Derry should have won the last meeting between the sides. They were 2-0 up and cruising until keeper Pat Jenings got sent off and they had to play a striker in goal, which resulted in Shels grabbing a fortunate draw. The Draw is obviously a danger so I've gone for Derry to win draw no bet.

Tuesdays Treble:
    15 Points-Greuther Furth, West Ham, Derry City(Draw No Bet) @ 4.65/1

5 Points- West Ham(-1)@9/5, Derry City V Shels Under1.5 goals @7/4, West Brom(+1)@1/1= 14.4/1

Good Luck to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lecister City vs Aston Villa
    Villa @ 4.27

Villa from - Sorensen, Taylor, Hughes, Mellberg, Laursen. Ridgewell, Agbonlahor, Davis, Petrov, Barry, Angel, Baros, Osbourne, Agathe, Sutton, Bouma, McCann

WBA vs Arsenal
    Arsenal @ 1.72

Manuel Almunia*
    Mart Poom
    Philippe Senderos*
    Johan Djourou*
    Joe O’Cearuill
    Matthew Connolly
    Gael Clichy*
    Armand Traore
    Mathieu Flamini*
    Alexandre Song
    Denilson*
    Mark Randall
    Jay Simpson
    Theo Walcott*
    Emmanuel Adebayor*
    Jeremie Aliadiere*

* Lads who will probaly start. Dunno who the other 2 starters will be.

Everton vs Luton
    Everton @ 1.50

Turner, Lescott, Yobo, Weir, Stubbs, Boyle, Arteta, Cahill, Carsley, Van der Meyde, McFadden, Osman, Anichebe, Johnson, Beattie, Howard, Davies, Neville, Hughes
    Everton v Luton
    Simon Davies is a doubt after becoming the latest Everton player to be struck down by the virus sweeping the club.
    Phil Neville (hamstring) is a doubt but Tim Howard, Tim Cahill and James Beattie are all training again after suffering from the virus.

Virus news about Everton was a bit off putting, but i still think they will win.

Treble is 4.27

Nice info Chucky. Also seen on a couple of forums that Athletico Madrid are putting out a full strength team tonight against Levante in the cup. Levante are resting half their team. Price isn't gonna make you rich but with Athletico at home might be worth throwing in an accumulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Gonna have 10 on Villa, Leeds, Arse and West Ham... returns around 100 notes.

• Advertisement

shepthedog wrote:
    Gonna have 10 on Villa, Leeds, Arse and West Ham... returns around 100 notes.
    Wrong! The most it could return is 20 notes as the lowest denomination of note in the Euro is the fiver.
    Good Luck With YOur Bet Though.

Just over 2.7 million has bet on the Chesterfield vs West ham match on betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Ah lads WBA can beat Arsenal! Good man pighead for backing us.
    Im a little late but
    Villa win
    Norwich win
    Everton win
    WBA win
    thats all i can think of

well I didn't actually back WBA to win. Not quite as confident as you are! Have them(+1) thus giving me the draw as well.
    Villa Watford and West Ham all winning 1-0. Greuther Furth cruising at 2-0 with 20 mins left. So far so good.

yeah saw that pighead but technically u r not betting them to lose. so ur in my goodbooks!

• Advertisement

wba88 wrote:
    yeah saw that pighead but technically u r not betting them to lose. so ur in my goodbooks!
    Ha Ha. Good Stuff. C'mon the Baggies!

Damn
    Arsenal 1-0 WBA
    ???? peno

Arsenal 2 up now. West ham match is a draw. Everton 2 up, and villa winning 2-1.

Need those damn Hammers to get their fingers out. Not to worry Teddys on now. Just the man to save the day.

i could do with villa get a 3rd to make the last 20 minutes alot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

2 all in the villa game now

2-1 west ham.

**** you lecister.

2-1 Chesterfield surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Alan Pardew could be a goner if the score stays the same

Yeah definitely 2-1 Chesterfield and with that Tuesdays Treble goes KABOOM!

• Advertisement

**** you gareth barry. Last minute penalty miss.

Yea, sorry pighead.

**** you gareth barry. Last minute penalty miss.

Yea, sorry pighead.
    Ah Jesus, thats a sickener Chucky. Terrible luck.
    Bad night all round I think. Don't think there'll be much people collecting tomorrow.

I know, i thought Villa would of easily won that. I hope Liverpool hammer the ***** on saturday and give gareth a good kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

quazzy wrote:
    My picks for today:

Chesterfield v West Ham @ 4 - 6 :( - Goodbye Alan, it was nice knowing you

Leicester v Aston Villa @ 5 - 6 :(
    West Brom v Arsenal @ 5 - 6 :)
    Everton v Luton @ 4 - 11 :)

Nothing very surprising but I'm happy enough

Good Luck to all,

Q

As my above smileys explain it wasn't a brilliant nite for me but I'm up a tiny bit overall.

Advertisement