Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full medical check up

Options
  • 24-10-2006 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hi, am 25 year old male and want to get a full medical check up, blood pressure, cholesterol, prostate cancer, sti's etc, have 1 or two problems - may be nothing but just wanna get them checked them. Specifically - tend to cough and splutter a lot in morning or in early part of exercise (for first half hour or so). Play a lot of sport and dont smoke so is kinda weird - also sometimes (only occasionally) i get a wierd kind of substance in the back of my throat/nostril region which is semi solid, very small and smells foul, also blood when going to toilet on occassion.Anyone share these problems?/ able to recommend a check up method that won't break the bank and in rathmines area and dont wanna walk in to doctors unprepared as reckon it could work out very expensive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I don't see that you have another option. If you've got symptoms that you are unhappy about then the only real option is to go an talk to a doctor about them as soon as possible. If you're lucky a doctor will be able to narrow down the possible problems and get them checked out relatively cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Prostate cancer is EXTREMELY rare in 25 year old guys, it's mainly a disease that affects men over 50.
    Blood in your urine could be many things but unless you're getting up several times a night to pee then it's unlikely to be prostate cancer.

Anyway, GO TO A DOCTOR.
    He or she can check your blood pressure and give you a letter to get cholesterol/STI/whatever tests they think necessary done at a public hospital (won't cost you anything once you have a letter from your GP).

Advertisement