Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup

Options
  • 23-10-2006 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Did anyone watch the mens (I missed the womans) world cup over the summer on eurosport? I thought it was excellent, the games were extremely fast and the semi final between germany and spain and the final were amazing.
    Commentary was quite good but I found the older commentator to be a bit boring at times while the younger one was alot more interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Where was the world cup on this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

don't get eurosport we have the basic NTL digital package :( I wish we did though...

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

dragonkin wrote:
    Did anyone watch the mens (I missed the womans) world cup over the summer on eurosport? I thought it was excellent, the games were extremely fast and the semi final between germany and spain and the final were amazing.
    Commentary was quite good but I found the older commentator to be a bit boring at times while the younger one was alot more interesting.

I didn't watch it on TV cause i was there in the stadium! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭dragonkin

Lisapeep wrote:
    Where was the world cup on this year?

Mens:
    Mönchengladbach, Germany

Womans:
    Club de Campo Villa de Madrid, Madrid

Bubba: Looked pretty good on TV must have been great to be there!

I was at the hockey world cup when it was here in Ireland in UCD a few years ago! Great atmosphere but a pity there were so many empty seats at some of the matches!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

a few years ago, aren't you showing your age :P

It was 1994, I was like 8 :P Still went to some games though, remember sitting on the bleachers in UCD!

Actually, I wasn't very much older than 8 when I went. I still think it's reasonable to say "a few years ago!"

Advertisement