Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do i really need to book now?m seems ridiculous

Options
  • 23-10-2006 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

hey just wondering im interested in doing environmental and earth science in ucc next year(im in L.C now) and people are telling me i need to book accomadation now as in put a deposit on it for on campus? is that really necessary and whats thet best place to get accomadation...somewhere fun preferably?? i dont really fancy doing the whole digs thing...also any info on my course would be helpful,i have the prospectus but i mean what its like from the students prospective and job oppurtunities? thanks guys :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

It's probably a bit early to be putting down a deposit, but you'd definately want to check it out, the closest place to UCC is castlewhite which is reasonable, if you wanted fairly snazzy accom check out around victoria cross, a few friends of mine are doing that course, to be honest by the sounds of it unless you're keen on doing very well, job opportunities are bleak it might be unfair saying that, as in the future there will be jobs in environmental engineering, most lads I know doing it are doing zoology tho, hope the above helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

And i forgot to mention, in 1st year you WILL be studying chemistry, physics, maths and biology all to the same standard as leaving cert so if you are studying any of them now, do well in them and you'll be fairly sorted for your 1st year in environmental - basically you do more or less the same stuff as biochemistry plus geology/rocks etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I didnt book until March and got a place no bother. Im in 1st year and staying in Farranlea Hall, great craic here all together. Castlewhite is a bit of a dump to say the least, though it is minutes from the college whereas Farranlea is 10 minutes

Advertisement